Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Business Class IL28SALE fares: DUB/CPH/BRU to North America

Business Class IL28SALE fares: DUB/CPH/BRU to North America

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 17, 15, 2:36 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Welcome to the thread, but please read this bit first

New to the thread? Welcome! If you are asking about obtaining tier points in the current sale, please read the following posts first.
  • from DUB, IL28SALE - to US reported here, e.g. JFK - 1140, LAX - 1395, HNL - 1395, needs to be booked by 27 Jan, see linked post for valid travel periods
  • from CPH, IL28SALE - to US reported here, e.g. JFK - 804, LAX - 1149, HNL - 1220, needs to be booked by 27 Jan, see linked post for valid travel periods
  • from ARN, IL28SALE - to US, e.g. JFK - 1093, LAX - 1327, HNL - 1479, needs to be booked by 15 Jan, valid travel periods same as above links
  • from BRU, IL28SALE - to US reported here, e.g. JFK - 1344, LAX - 1367, HNL - 1465, needs to be booked by 15 Jan, see linked post for valid travel periods
  • from AMS, IL28SALE - to US, e.g. JFK - 1382, LAX - 1397, HNL - 1532, needs to be booked by 27 Jan, valid travel periods same as above links
  • from LCA, IL28SALE - to US, e.g. JFK - 1514, LAX - 1705, HNL - 1958, needs to be booked by 27 Jan, valid travel periods same as above links

If your question is not answered there, or you want more help, please do post and join in.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 19, 14, 7:34 am
  #106  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 28,275
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus View Post
Bit harsh DUB-HEL only gets 40 as a shorthaul+ , should be 80 really !
No, shorthaul+ is only exUK so only BA and AY flights exUK. exANYWHERE ELSE is not shorthaul+ so the 80 TPs don't apply.
KARFA is online now  
Old Dec 19, 14, 9:27 am
  #107  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Manchester UK
Programs: TKeliteplus BAGold
Posts: 41
HNL ex DUB trip feedback which may help others:

Departed last Thur from Dub via LCY on babybus - all connections fine.

Following morning at JFK long lines for security despite checking in at 0800 for 1000 PHX US flight was almost 0900 before through security. USAir first class access simply lets you join the general slow-moving queue albeit closer to the front. Interestingly if you travelling on American it seems one world emeralds are given TSA pre-check - a great advantage

If you have time use the AA club in the main terminal at JFK as it has a First Class section with reasonable food offerings, the one in the satellite (a regular AA club) had a few bagels otherwise food for purchase.

The flight to PHX developed tech problems on taxi and we departed three hours late meaning a missed connection at PHX to HNL. USAairways rebooked me on a 1700 departure to LAX and onwards that evening to HNL in first for both sectors. The AA staff in the Admirals Club went out of their way to find an alternative routing on AA viA LAX or SFO but no availability in business or first until a late evening departure from JFK which would not connect onwards to HNL that evening. They had very limited access to my booking as the reservations systems of AA and USAirways are complete separate.

On the return my bag missed the connection at JFK despite over two hours between flights. It may be worth checking upon boarding at JFK that your bag has been loaded. I only discovered the missing bag at Dublin and its recovery has been lengthy. Had I been informed of it at LCY on Wed morning I would have asked them to send it straight to Manchester. It has just arrived in Lancashire some 54 hours after I arrived into LCY.

I wish other HNL trippers safe travels and to those attending the London Do this evening
enjoy yourselves.
UKplat is offline  
Old Dec 19, 14, 9:35 am
  #108  
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 16,795
Originally Posted by UKplat View Post
HNL ex DUB trip feedback which may help others:

Departed last Thur from Dub via LCY on babybus - all connections fine.

Following morning at JFK long lines for security despite checking in at 0800 for 1000 PHX US flight was almost 0900 before through security. USAir first class access simply lets you join the general slow-moving queue albeit closer to the front. Interestingly if you travelling on American it seems one world emeralds are given TSA pre-check - a great advantage

If you have time use the AA club in the main terminal at JFK as it has a First Class section with reasonable food offerings, the one in the satellite (a regular AA club) had a few bagels otherwise food for purchase.

The flight to PHX developed tech problems on taxi and we departed three hours late meaning a missed connection at PHX to HNL. USAairways rebooked me on a 1700 departure to LAX and onwards that evening to HNL in first for both sectors. The AA staff in the Admirals Club went out of their way to find an alternative routing on AA viA LAX or SFO but no availability in business or first until a late evening departure from JFK which would not connect onwards to HNL that evening. They had very limited access to my booking as the reservations systems of AA and USAirways are complete separate.

On the return my bag missed the connection at JFK despite over two hours between flights. It may be worth checking upon boarding at JFK that your bag has been loaded. I only discovered the missing bag at Dublin and its recovery has been lengthy. Had I been informed of it at LCY on Wed morning I would have asked them to send it straight to Manchester. It has just arrived in Lancashire some 54 hours after I arrived into LCY.

I wish other HNL trippers safe travels and to those attending the London Do this evening
enjoy yourselves.
^ Thanks for the feedback.

Good to know US accommodated you in F via AA ^ Was that automatic or at your suggestion?
Calchas is offline  
Old Dec 19, 14, 9:53 am
  #109  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Manchester UK
Programs: TKeliteplus BAGold
Posts: 41
It was automatic with a new itinerary given to me at the departure gate at JFK. The rebooked flights were with AA so I had to physically collect the new e-ticket and boarding passes from the AA Admirals Club in PHX as they could not be issued by USAirways. The ladies in the AA Club in JFK had been checking regularly with the USAirways gate staff about the flight status and rebooking process, I think this 'encouraged' them to find me a reasonable alternative.
UKplat is offline  
Old Dec 19, 14, 12:35 pm
  #110  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 916
Originally Posted by UKplat View Post
Interestingly if you travelling on American it seems one world emeralds are given TSA pre-check - a great advantage
.
Sorry but I do not think this is true. Whilst AA subscribe to the TSA precheck service (BA do not) the granting of TSA precheck does not appear to be based on status. It appears to be random. We are both Emerald (GGL) and flew AA F many times this year including to KOA where we currently are. On the JFK sector to LAX we were both normal security whereas on the LAX to HNL sector we both got precheck. On other AA flights this year we have had the alternating precheck scenario where one of us would be precheck for one sector whilst the other would not and then on a later sector the situation would be reversed.
AFAIK TSA go through the passenger list some time prior to checkin and assign precheck.
scillyisles is offline  
Old Dec 19, 14, 1:00 pm
  #111  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Posts: 4,346
Originally Posted by UKplat View Post
Interestingly if you travelling on American it seems one world emeralds are given TSA pre-check - a great advantage
Not the case I'm afraid.
Blueboys999 is offline  
Old Dec 19, 14, 1:33 pm
  #112  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 5,861
Originally Posted by Blueboys999 View Post
Not the case I'm afraid.
Blind luck when I've got it.

Sometimes the queue is long and they channel people into the pre-TSA queue to clear the backlog.
Got exactly that with JetBlue from JFK and AA at HNL.

I have tried my luck at MCO and SJU and got lucky both times.
xenole is online now  
Old Dec 19, 14, 2:08 pm
  #113  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Posts: 4,346
Originally Posted by xenole View Post
Blind luck when I've got it.

Sometimes the queue is long and they channel people into the pre-TSA queue to clear the backlog.
Got exactly that with JetBlue from JFK and AA at HNL.

I have tried my luck at MCO and SJU and got lucky both times.
My own experience very much matches that of scilyisles.

Best example of the random theory I've come across was at MCO a few months ago when I heard a family complaining that their children had been pre-approved but they hadn't. As their children were aged about 7 years old I felt they had a point.
Blueboys999 is offline  
Old Dec 20, 14, 5:05 am
  #114  
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Alicante. Spain
Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Posts: 15,591
Boys - can you help someone who is new to this? I simply do not know quite how to proceed.

I want to book the DUB - HNL itinerary for March - April. Do I do this directly on BA.com?

This is an amazing fare - BUT does it allow stopovers? I was hoping to go DUB/LCY/JFK/DFW (stopover)/HNL/LAX (stopover)/LHR/DUB. Can I do this? I cannot understand all the fare rules. Does it allow under 24 hours or can I stay longer?

Bear in mind that as a passenger I will have plenty of time to do my knitting, pry over my spectacles and mind everybody else's business. Think what TFTGs might be waiting my poison keyboard.

All help will be in line for MUCCIs and they will be announced in the New Years Honours. No! No sneak previews and don't even think of Pyonyanging me!
PUCCI GALORE is offline  
Old Dec 20, 14, 5:09 am
  #115  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Taif, KSA
Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,852
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
Boys - can you help someone who is new to this? I simply do not know quite how to proceed.

I want to book the DUB - HNL itinerary for March - April. Do I do this directly on BA.com?

This is an amazing fare - BUT does it allow stopovers? I was hoping to go DUB/LCY/JFK/DFW (stopover)/HNL/LAX (stopover)/LHR/DUB. Can I do this? I cannot understand all the fare rules. Does it allow under 24 hours or can I stay longer?

Bear in mind that as a passenger I will have plenty of time to do my knitting, pry over my spectacles and mind everybody else's business. Think what TFTGs might be waiting my poison keyboard.

All help will be in line for MUCCIs and they will be announced in the New Years Honours. No! No sneak previews and don't even think of Pyonyanging me!
Just laughed a lot at the last line!

To the question I'm not sure if stopovers are allowed or if they are then normally at a cost (200 last time?) but under 24 hours is allowed
Jamier45 is offline  
Old Dec 20, 14, 5:17 am
  #116  
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Alicante. Spain
Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Posts: 15,591
Originally Posted by Jamier45 View Post
Just laughed a lot at the last line!

To the question I'm not sure if stopovers are allowed or if they are then normally at a cost (200 last time?) but under 24 hours is allowed
So do I do this on BA.com?

How many 24 hour stops am I allowed in each direction?

Bless you!
PUCCI GALORE is offline  
Old Dec 20, 14, 5:19 am
  #117  
000
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Usually travelling
Programs: BA, SQ, VS, Lifetime Diamond Club Appreciator
Posts: 430
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
Boys - can you help someone who is new to this? I simply do not know quite how to proceed.

I want to book the DUB - HNL itinerary for March - April. Do I do this directly on BA.com?

This is an amazing fare - BUT does it allow stopovers? I was hoping to go DUB/LCY/JFK/DFW (stopover)/HNL/LAX (stopover)/LHR/DUB. Can I do this? I cannot understand all the fare rules. Does it allow under 24 hours or can I stay longer?

Bear in mind that as a passenger I will have plenty of time to do my knitting, pry over my spectacles and mind everybody else's business. Think what TFTGs might be waiting my poison keyboard.

All help will be in line for MUCCIs and they will be announced in the New Years Honours. No! No sneak previews and don't even think of Pyonyanging me!
It's better to book it on aa.com using the multi-city function as it will automatically book the domestic US segments into A class / First, ensuring you will earn more TPs/miles. You have to call BA to achieve the same result.

The routing looks valid. I'd enter it as follows in the aa.com multi-city tool:

Sector 1: DUB-LCY
Sector 2: LCY-DFW
Sector 3: DFW-HNL
Sector 4: HNL-LAX
Sector 5: LAX-LHR
Sector 6: LHR-DUB

In How Do You Want to Search? choose Schedule and change the Show flight results from 10 to 50

Select Business Class & Higher with Restrictions

Under Choose a Carrier, select American Airlines, American Eagle and oneworld

In the results you can then select the exact flights you want (from up to 50 of them!).

The fare only allows transfers, so <24 hours between flights for your stop in DFW and LAX.

I have some screenshots of how to book this which I'd be happy to send you. I'm currently helping a non FT friend book the trip of a lifetime to Hawaii for the whole family; they never thought they'd be flying in business class!

Hope this helps
000 is offline  
Old Dec 20, 14, 5:50 am
  #118  
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Alicante. Spain
Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Posts: 15,591
Originally Posted by 000 View Post
It's better to book it on aa.com using the multi-city function as it will automatically book the domestic US segments into A class / First, ensuring you will earn more TPs/miles. You have to call BA to achieve the same result.

The routing looks valid. I'd enter it as follows in the aa.com multi-city tool:

Sector 1: DUB-LCY
Sector 2: LCY-DFW
Sector 3: DFW-HNL
Sector 4: HNL-LAX
Sector 5: LAX-LHR
Sector 6: LHR-DUB

In How Do You Want to Search? choose Schedule and change the Show flight results from 10 to 50

Select Business Class & Higher with Restrictions

Under Choose a Carrier, select American Airlines, American Eagle and oneworld

In the results you can then select the exact flights you want (from up to 50 of them!).

The fare only allows transfers, so <24 hours between flights for your stop in DFW and LAX.

I have some screenshots of how to book this which I'd be happy to send you. I'm currently helping a non FT friend book the trip of a lifetime to Hawaii for the whole family; they never thought they'd be flying in business class!

Hope this helps
Loads - you are a Dear. Read here on Jan 1st to see if you were successful (High Chance) and if I haven't it was because I have not got home from whichever gutter Him Indoor left me!

KISS!!!
PUCCI GALORE is offline  
Old Dec 20, 14, 5:51 am
  #119  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 5,861
I've tried the above (well not DFW) and the usual "no flights were found" comes up for everything I try.
xenole is online now  
Old Dec 20, 14, 5:53 am
  #120  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Helsinki
Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E, HHonors Gold
Posts: 225
BA Tier Point runs | 2014 master thread

Call directly to BA and tell which fligth numbers you are looking for. Last time I did something similar, called BA and got 200 € cheaper price than what ITA matrix showed. Nice little surprise
Anselmi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: