Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Business Class IL28SALE fares: DUB/CPH/BRU to North America

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nth_utsera_sth_utsera
Welcome to the thread, but please read this bit first

New to the thread? Welcome! If you are asking about obtaining tier points in the current sale, please read the following posts first.
  • from DUB, IL28SALE - to US reported here, e.g. JFK - €1140, LAX - €1395, HNL - €1395, needs to be booked by 27 Jan, see linked post for valid travel periods
  • from CPH, IL28SALE - to US reported here, e.g. JFK - £804, LAX - £1149, HNL - £1220, needs to be booked by 27 Jan, see linked post for valid travel periods
  • from ARN, IL28SALE - to US, e.g. JFK - £1093, LAX - £1327, HNL - £1479, needs to be booked by 15 Jan, valid travel periods same as above links
  • from BRU, IL28SALE - to US reported here, e.g. JFK - £1344, LAX - £1367, HNL - £1465, needs to be booked by 15 Jan, see linked post for valid travel periods
  • from AMS, IL28SALE - to US, e.g. JFK - £1382, LAX - £1397, HNL - £1532, needs to be booked by 27 Jan, valid travel periods same as above links
  • from LCA, IL28SALE - to US, e.g. JFK - £1514, LAX - £1705, HNL - £1958, needs to be booked by 27 Jan, valid travel periods same as above links

If your question is not answered there, or you want more help, please do post and join in.
Print Wikipost

Business Class IL28SALE fares: DUB/CPH/BRU to North America

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
South America

Does anyone know any good deals to South America at the moment? Ideally into Santiago, Chile and out of Buenos Aires?

Thanks!!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cityguy1
Does anyone know any good deals to South America at the moment? Ideally into Santiago, Chile and out of Buenos Aires?

Thanks!!
This thread is for the IL28SALE to North America. dutch_122 has mentioned an exAMS sale to South America further up the thread. I suggest you try exAMS on itamatrix and see what you can find.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by JamieABZ
What fare did you get for September Jamier45 and what dates?
I searched for hours yesterday for September/October but always came back to the best fares being in August which is too early in the year for me. September/October is ideal for me. I know the sale dates are until end of August then starts 22nd November again so thought I was snookered.
Don't forget that even though the sale dates are for the end of August that just means that the first outbound flight must take place before 01.09. Even though it would still be early September and not October, 31.08 can easily stretch into September

H
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by chris1979
And don't forget that DUB JFK goes from grim 757 to newly refurbished 763 with 1-2-1 J cabin from summer.
I'm getting increasingly confused with all these schedule and equipment changes AA & US are introducing at the moment. While most of them seem to be positive in terms of seating and options you have to take a lot of care before booking anything ex DUB at the moment.

Quite apart from the changing aircraft on the US flights to PHL & CLT, I now see that the AA change you helpfully mention will revert back to the 757 in the autumn. For how long is anybody's guess so the uncertainty remains. To add to the mix, it looks like DUB-ORD will remain a 763 but not with the reconfigured J cabin.

Slightly OT but I also note that the similar configured 763 coming to MAN-JFK will go back to the 757 towards the end of the year.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:28 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Originally Posted by Cityguy1

Thanks!!

Cityguy1

BA fares at this moment:
EZE €1390 excluding taxes
SCL €1763 excluding taxes
Farebasis INCSALE advance purchase 7 days min stay sa/su
Routing fare

AA fares:
Farebasis INE7A7Q1 Advanced purchase 7 days min stay 7 days
Mileage fare

Sales is till 27th of January and travel before 31st of October.

Originally Posted by KARFA
This thread is for the IL28SALE to North America. dutch_122 has mentioned an exAMS sale to South America further up the thread. I suggest you try exAMS on itamatrix and see what you can find.
KARFA,

will update WIKI tomorrow, when not working.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:47 am

Due to switching jobs, that temporarily reduced travel, I will likely be just under 800 TPs short of renewing GGL when my year ends in May.

After agonizing over it for a while I have gone ahead an booked a trip DUB-LHR/LCY-JFK-LAX-HNL-DFW-BOS-LHR DUB for GBP 1099.

It doesn't maximize TPs but gets me to cities that I want to visit (including overnight transits in JFK/BOS and half days in DUB/LON) and minimizes the number of 757 flights.

Thanks to all the folks who contributed to this thread, the many tips helped me master (somewhat) the ITA routing algorithms and an even bigger thank you to @dutch_122 who priced up and blocked my itinerary in real time.

Earlier in this thread someone mooted the idea of a special 'do' just to honor him and I wholeheartedly endorse the idea.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Hoch
Don't forget that even though the sale dates are for the end of August that just means that the first outbound flight must take place before 01.09. Even though it would still be early September and not October, 31.08 can easily stretch into September

H
Yeah, that's when I was getting the best fares, but really it has to be later so I'm out of luck. I just get back from a good TP trip to Vegas at the end of July so can't head off again at the end of August sadly.
Oh well, bring on the next sale!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by dutch_122
Cityguy1

BA fares at this moment:
SCL €1763 excluding taxes
Farebasis INCSALE advance purchase 7 days min stay sa/su
Routing fare

AA fares:
Farebasis INE7A7Q1 Advanced purchase 7 days min stay 7 days
Mileage fare

Sales is till 27th of January and travel before 31st of October.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24088609-post3031.html
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Marriott Silver Elite
Originally Posted by kirbster73

I'm a little confused then, this is what shows on AA.com. I notice that BA1 now has a Finnair code... what effect would booking this have on my AVIOS and TP collection?
OK, I've since found different flight numbers for these flights, so I've done some calculations. Please let me know if I'm right? I'll be booking on aa.com and I'm a silver member. Is there any issue with booking on aa.com such as reserving seats etc?

BA395 BRU-LHR - Fare class J Avios: 1250 TP:40
BA1 LCY-JFK - Fare Class I Avios: 10383 TP: 210
AA273 JFK-MIA Fare Class A Avios: 2725 TP:60
BA208 MIA-LHR Fare Class I Avios: 11075 TP:140
BA388 LHR-BRU Fare Class J Avios: 1250 TP:40
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
OK, I've since found different flight numbers for these flights, so I've done some calculations. Please let me know if I'm right? I'll be booking on aa.com and I'm a silver member. Is there any issue with booking on aa.com such as reserving seats etc?

BA395 BRU-LHR - Fare class J Avios: 1250 TP:40
BA1 LCY-JFK - Fare Class I Avios: 10383 TP: 210
AA273 JFK-MIA Fare Class A Avios: 2725 TP:60
BA208 MIA-LHR Fare Class I Avios: 11075 TP:140
BA388 LHR-BRU Fare Class J Avios: 1250 TP:40
TPs look right, I am not checking avios. No problem booking with aa or reserving seats.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
You wo't be able to reserve seats on non-AA metal actually on aa.com but you will be able to see your itinerary on ba.com and do it there.

BTW you've got an international configured 757 in the JFK-MIA leg. They're fairly common on that route and are a nice bonus on a late in the day flight.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:01 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Alexwuk,

Thx. Missed that.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
USA Sale

Thanks for all the Sale tips everybody.

I am looking at a 14 days USA trip the first two weeks on August with a few stop offs.

While the BA Sale is great i think i might book with AA as they include a stop off or two for the same cost.

Thinking, New York, Chicago, Boston, Orlando...

Any tips are always welcome!

The only downside i can see is flying on AA metal from Dublin which i have done before, i presume its easy enough to add on the Tier points from these AA flights to my BA account?

Thanks,

Tom
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by theeney

The only downside i can see is flying on AA metal from Dublin which i have done before, i presume its easy enough to add on the Tier points from these AA flights to my BA account?
You don't have to do anything beyond putting your BAEC number in the dropdown on the reservation on aa.com. If you happen to also have an AAdvantage number be sure not to log into aa.com with it when you make the booking.

Last edited by Blueboys999; Jan 15, 2015 at 9:39 am
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA 3MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by theeney
Thanks for all the Sale tips everybody.

Thanks,

Tom
On my summer DUB/NYC/LAX/HNL/LAX/NYC/DUB seat map shows refurbished J on the DUB/NYC.
AA's new true lie -flat seats get good reviews. ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.