FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Odd status upgrade at check-in (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1640639-odd-status-upgrade-check.html)

Foofighter69 Dec 28, 2014 3:33 am

Odd status upgrade at check-in

So I am Bronze at the moment, I make silver with a trip in Feb and Gold with one long trip in August. However I have just checked in and been told that I am now Silver. My boarding pass shows it as SAPPHIRE/BA/SILVxxxxxxxx

Presumably this is another error in the booking system and others have had it as well.

No complaints if this is actually somehow Silver and I have been magically been given 230TP early. Even with the flight I am about to take (paid J, UuA to F) I would be 90 short.

Foofighter69 Dec 28, 2014 3:35 am

Just refreshed the app and it shows me as Bronze so it must be an error.

It would have been an interesting test if I was in Y or W and had no other OWS/OWE status and showed up the Terraces Lounge in DXB with this boarding pass...

gcuk Dec 28, 2014 3:39 am

If you log into your Exec Club account what does it say and is there an unexpected transaction in your transaction history? I remember years ago waiting an eternity for a mileage claim to be credited and was always told it had already been processed. It turned out the claim had processed but to the wrong member's account.

Foofighter69 Dec 28, 2014 3:45 am

370TPs as expected. Recent transaction was for the outbound LHR-DXB.

paul4040 Dec 28, 2014 4:52 am

I would recommend double checking your BAEC number has been correctly input into the booking - just in case!

Calchas Dec 28, 2014 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Foofighter69 (Post 24061791)
So I am Bronze at the moment, I make silver with a trip in Feb and Gold with one long trip in August. However I have just checked in and been told that I am now Silver. My boarding pass shows it as SAPPHIRE/BA/SILVxxxxxxxx

Presumably this is another error in the booking system and others have had it as well.

No complaints if this is actually somehow Silver and I have been magically been given 230TP early. Even with the flight I am about to take (paid J, UuA to F) I would be 90 short.

Very occasionally BA will manually promote commercially-deserving persons to a higher status. Have you been buying a lot of full-fare Y tickets recently? ;)

However I only ever hear it for Silver to Gold and Gold to Gold Guest List.

chris1979 Dec 28, 2014 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Calchas (Post 24062575)
Very occasionally BA will manually promote commercially-deserving persons to a higher status. Have you been buying a lot of full-fare Y tickets recently? ;)

or sleeping with anyone at BA? :D

young KARFA keeps asking me if that's my secret to success..... ;):cool:

Calchas Dec 28, 2014 8:59 am

Originally Posted by chris1979 (Post 24062612)

Is it? ;)

KARFA Dec 28, 2014 9:38 am

I believe you have to sleep with someone really high up to start getting a few benefits, which is probably good for those who like a bit of Willie ;)

Calchas Dec 28, 2014 9:43 am

Originally Posted by chris1979 (Post 24062612)

I notice that you proudly declare in the Programmes field of your profile here that you obtained your Accor Plat status in "the sleeping way"? ;)

Foofighter69 Dec 28, 2014 12:37 pm

I did flirt with the surly looking check-in agent but I am the least subtle flirter. I don't think it was that. If it was indeed that then chris1979 maybe you need to learn a trick or two from me. ;)

So BAEC still shows me as Bronze.

Back on a lighter note is there a thread where people have shared their flirting antics and their associated success rates? This is limited to the confines of airports and aircraft of course. :D

Foofighter69 Dec 31, 2014 6:34 am

I am Silver as of today. With 510TP. Very weird.

paul4040 Dec 31, 2014 6:41 am

Are you based in continental Europe? (Or, at least - is your BAEC address?)

Foofighter69 Dec 31, 2014 7:04 am

No, London.

crazy8534 Dec 31, 2014 8:37 am

This is interesting. I can't help thinking it has something to do with you already being OWS / US Gold. Do you think the US status info could have 'leaked' into your BA booking somehow?

I know there are reports on here of BA allowing Silvers to renew with less than 600TPs over a year.