Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA1 from Shannon

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2014, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton/Marriott/SPG Gold
Question BA1 from Shannon

Apologies if this has been covered before.

Is it possible to join BA1 in Shannon for the leg over to JFK? It would much easier than connecting in DUB or LHR. I've tried searching online and can't find any availability, but maybe it's possible by calling BA.

Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by rt112

Is it possible to join BA1 in Shannon for the leg over to JFK? It would much easier than connecting in DUB or LHR. I've tried searching online and can't find any availability, but maybe it's possible by calling BA.

Thanks.
No.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rt112

Thanks.
Welcome to FlyerTalk rt112!

I am afraid that the SNN-JFK leg is not for public sale separate from the rest of the flight (and nor is LCY-SNN, for that matter).
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk rt112

Welcome to Flyertalk rt112, and a particularly warm welcome from all of us at the BA forum. It's good to see you here, please continue to post. That route is a firm favourite with the netizens here so you may well bump into someone from here on that route. Welcome on board.

I vaguely recall it being part of the "licence to operate" that they do not pick up passengers at SNN. Occasionally someone only goes LCY-SNN and no further, but that would be very rare. I'm told it has only happened a handful of times, and more usually due to damaged passports than to outright refusal of entry. On the return, of course, you normally wouldn't have the option to leave at SNN by any sensible mechanism.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
On the return, of course, you normally wouldn't have the option to leave at SNN by any sensible mechanism.
Parachute, perhaps?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton/Marriott/SPG Gold
Thanks for all the replies. I was actually intending to finish up in London, so there would be no need for an exciting escape over Ireland on the return flight! Looks like I'll need to go via LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.