BCN-LHR flights arriving into T5?

Old Dec 26, 14, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat
BCN-LHR flights arriving into T5?

Hi all,

So for my wife's 40th, we are heading to Paris (read expensive shopping!) and Barcelona in Oct '15. On the return home, we are flying BCN-LHR-IAH.

Flying LHR-IAH on BA197 in First.

I'm seeing a lot of flights arriving from BCN to LHR into T3. I know its a bit of a hassle getting from T3 to T5, so thought was to find a flight that arrives into T5 from BCN.

On searching Iberia's site, there is flight IB7470 arriving at LHR in T5 at 11:35, its a BA codeshare aircraft, but, when cross checking the BA flight (BA473 arriving at 11:35am), BA's site states arriving into T3.

Could anyone shed light on what is correct? Would you know of any options arriving into LHR from BCN to T5? the IAH flight departs at 2:30pm, we are flying First, which should help a bit with check in (Security line?).

Thanks in advance!
Jake
Old Dec 26, 14, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL
BA BCN-LHR flights moved from T5 to T3 on 26 October this year. It seems the IB website is not up to date.

There are no BCN flights that arrive at T5.

The transfer T3 to T5 is not too bad.

The worst part, security, has to be done at T5 no matter which terminal your first flight arrives at.
Old Dec 26, 14, 2:27 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm afraid they did move all the BCN services over from T5 to T3 just recently, in order to shuffle other services around. There isn't an easy way out of that, short of going via another airport or using AA metal on the way back (since this is also T3) and/or shuffling the Paris / BCN order around. So long as you get to T3 by 1230 hrs you should have plenty of time to make the T5 connection.
Old Dec 26, 14, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Your BCN-LHR flight will arrive into T3, and your LHR-IAH flight will depart T5.

Assuming your luggage has been through-checked at BCN to IAH, you won't need to clear immigration, collect your baggage or go through customs. This means you can stay airside by following the purple Flight Connections signs.

On arrival into T3, follow the purple signs to Flight Connections. You will take a bus to T5. On arrival in T5, again follow the purple Flight Connections signs. In T5, you will go through security (there is a Fast Track lane on the far right - white and black sign). If the queue is all the way along the arrivals corridor in T5, don't join it - go past the queue and show your First boarding pass to a member of staff who will show you where the Fast Track line starts.

Once through security in T5 (you will be at the North search point), turn right and walk all the way to the end - you will find yourself in front of the Concorde Room entrance. Enjoy!

The T5 part of the above applies for your outbound IAH-LHR-CDG connection within T5. Don't forget you can use the Concorde Room before your CDG flight (assuming same day connection) on production of your First boarding pass.
Old Dec 26, 14, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Speedbird876 View Post
BA BCN-LHR flights moved from T5 to T3 on 26 October this year. It seems the IB website is not up to date.

There are no BCN flights that arrive at T5.

The transfer T3 to T5 is not too bad.

The worst part, security, has to be done at T5 no matter which terminal your first flight arrives at.
Ah, gotcha. thanks!

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
I'm afraid they did move all the BCN services over from T5 to T3 just recently, in order to shuffle other services around. There isn't an easy way out of that, short of going via another airport or using AA metal on the way back (since this is also T3) and/or shuffling the Paris / BCN order around. So long as you get to T3 by 1230 hrs you should have plenty of time to make the T5 connection.
Ok good to know how much time we'll need to make the flight, i'll book the incoming flight accordingly, thanks!

Last edited by jakeg104; Dec 26, 14 at 9:44 pm Reason: addl questions
Old Dec 26, 14, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
Your BCN-LHR flight will arrive into T3, and your LHR-IAH flight will depart T5.

Assuming your luggage has been through-checked at BCN to IAH, you won't need to clear immigration, collect your baggage or go through customs. This means you can stay airside by following the purple Flight Connections signs.

On arrival into T3, follow the purple signs to Flight Connections. You will take a bus to T5. On arrival in T5, again follow the purple Flight Connections signs. In T5, you will go through security (there is a Fast Track lane on the far right - white and black sign). If the queue is all the way along the arrivals corridor in T5, don't join it - go past the queue and show your First boarding pass to a member of staff who will show you where the Fast Track line starts.

Once through security in T5 (you will be at the North search point), turn right and walk all the way to the end - you will find yourself in front of the Concorde Room entrance. Enjoy!

The T5 part of the above applies for your outbound IAH-LHR-CDG connection within T5. Don't forget you can use the Concorde Room before your CDG flight (assuming same day connection) on production of your First boarding pass.
Great info, thank you so much! Actually on the inbound, we were planning on taking AF from IAH-CDG, only to find that I cannot book on their La Premiere cabin (not sure if this is a lack of availability, or the fact that they are still not releasing First seats to non status fliers), so we might be doing IAH-LHR-CDG after all. Your info on navigating through the terminal is awesome, thank you so much for your help! Great to know that we can use the Concorde room on the inbound flight too, it will be a same day connect to CDG.

Question is, do we need to clear customs/immigration in LHR before proceeding to CDG? I know that line is insanely long, so will arriving from IAH on BA First get us through priority/fast track through immigration/security if needed?
Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 14, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by jakeg104 View Post
Question is, do we need to clear customs/immigration in LHR before proceeding to CDG? I know that line is insanely long, so will arriving from IAH on BA First get us through priority/fast track through immigration/security if needed?
Thanks!
No, at LHR on an international to international connection you don't need to clear anything except security unless you're travelling to the Republic of Ireland. You follow the purple Flight Connections signs as described above, except that you remain within T5.
Obviously this assumes through-checked baggage which with a BA-BA connection it certainly would be.
Old Dec 27, 14, 3:44 am

Programs: LY Gold; BA Silver;
Originally Posted by jakeg104 View Post
Ok good to know how much time we'll need to make the flight, i'll book the incoming flight accordingly, thanks!
Based on my experience (which is mostly T1 to T5, but the same procedure applied there as well), 90 minutes is enough (which is also, the minimum connecting time). I would book a 2 hours connection if possible, just to be on the safe side...
Old Dec 28, 14, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Great info, thank you so much!
Old Dec 28, 14, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
A 2 hour connection between terminals will give you a very limited amount of time in the CCR - I'd factor in 3 hours at least.

Search this Thread