Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which lounge in Hong Kong?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
See BA Forum Dashboard for threads on lounges.

On phone, so cannot provide a link.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Haven't had the pleasure of the Pier yet. Might give that a try next week.
You will not be disappointed - it is excellent. And this post is live from the Pier right now

Astonishing that GF in T5 is the equivalent BA offering - just shows that BA do not even try.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 9:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
This thread, perhaps?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 9:39 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by rossmacd
You will not be disappointed - it is excellent. And this post is live from the Pier right now

Astonishing that GF in T5 is the equivalent BA offering - just shows that BA do not even try.
Most of my previous flights to SUB have been down that neck of the woods so sods law says I will probably depart from one of the low numbered gates on Tuesday

S
Old Oct 29, 2016, 9:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

My HKG flights this year have all departed from either gate 15 or 16. The inbound aircraft tend to arrive at random gates and are moved to gates 15/16 later in the evening for their departure back to London.

Genius1 shared a lovely pictorial review of The Wing, The Cabin, The Bridge, and Qantas business class lounges here.

The closest lounge is the Qantas HK lounge. Note though, the rear exit which provided a very convenient route to the gate is currently closed off for construction.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 10:05 am

We were in HKG over the summer and I was massively underwhelmed by 'The Wing', I just couldn't understand all the hype it received.

It consisted of a very small waiting room \ lounge area with a long corridor leading down to the showers and toilets. The food buffet choice was limited although admittedly the quality was decent enough. I remember thinking to myself "all this hype the the CX lounge at CDG is better than this"!

It was only when I mentioned this to a friend and he burst out in laughter that I realised something was wrong. He had great delight in informing me of the rather excellent lounge that could be found UPSTAIRS......
Old Oct 29, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by simonspear
We were in HKG over the summer and I was massively underwhelmed by 'The Wing', I just couldn't understand all the hype it received.

It consisted of a very small waiting room \ lounge area with a long corridor leading down to the showers and toilets. The food buffet choice was limited although admittedly the quality was decent enough. I remember thinking to myself "all this hype the the CX lounge at CDG is better than this"!

It was only when I mentioned this to a friend and he burst out in laughter that I realised something was wrong. He had great delight in informing me of the rather excellent lounge that could be found UPSTAIRS......
hehe, brilliant! I bet your face was a picture.

I'm going to be at HKG in a couple of weeks with a vegan. I've shown the web photos and while I know I won't be disappointed he doesn't seem that impressed with the food offerings for vegetarians/vegans. I hope he'll find something in one of the lounges at least!
Old Oct 29, 2016, 10:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by simonspear

[laughing with tears emoji from Whatsapp]

That said, the first time I visited The Wing F was after I had been to The Pier F (it wasn't until quite recently that I've made OWE for the first time - and I don't fly F). And I was quite underwhelmed. I'm guessing 'all the hype' was from 10 years ago. How the world has changed. Lol
Old Oct 29, 2016, 10:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by headingwest
I hope he'll find something in one of the lounges at least!
Try the QF lounge. IMHO, the food spread there is the best of all the lounges. More relatively healthy options, loaded with veggies
Old Oct 29, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jdtravels
Try the QF lounge. IMHO, the food spread there is the best of all the lounges. More relatively healthy options, loaded with veggies
Thanks jdtravels, we'll give it a try. ^
Old Oct 29, 2016, 1:09 pm

I agree with this. The Pier F has some very nice ŕ la carte dishes but QF has the best and freshest buffet options for sure.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 1:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I agree with this. The Pier F has some very nice ŕ la carte dishes but QF has the best and freshest buffet options for sure.
^

I appreciate the recommendation. I tend to eat in the Wing then position to the QF lounge shortly before boarding. Will definitely give my routine a shake up next time.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by rossmacd

Perhaps BA should switch to flying equivalent mid and long routes only and charge CX's prices?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
I'll give it a go next week but QF buffet was way behind Wing's F buffet a year ago in my opinion.

I concur that Pier F a al carte is one of the best lounge food options you can get.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by headingwest
I'm going to be at HKG in a couple of weeks with a vegan. I've shown the web photos and while I know I won't be disappointed he doesn't seem that impressed with the food offerings for vegetarians/vegans. I hope he'll find something in one of the lounges at least!
He'll be able to find something to eat but tbh the offerings aren't that inspiring for a vegan. The hot options will typically be a vegetable (like stir fry veg or boiled vegs) and rice. The QF lounge always has 4 salads, fresh fruit as well as soup (may not be vegan) but usually at least 2 of the salads have dairy, honey or egg on them, sometimes meat and fish. There should be one vegan salad option. I find it a bit dissappointing that the 'fresh' options in both QF and the CX lounges have never been veggie or vegan when I have been passing through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.