GF - one guest exception?

Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
GF - one guest exception?

Travelling through T3 to BCN. Self (OWE), partner and elderly mother (wheelchair pax). Clearly there's no entitlement to a second guest (and of course we could go to Giraffe etc). However, do staff have the ability to make a one-time exception and allow a second guest if one pax has obvious mobility issues?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by DIRECT MERIT
Travelling through T3 to BCN. Self (OWE), partner and elderly mother (wheelchair pax). Clearly there's no entitlement to a second guest (and of course we could go to Giraffe etc). However, do staff have the ability to make a one-time exception and allow a second guest if one pax has obvious mobility issues?
I would hope not
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
You could always ask but be prepared for no as an answer. You could always post in the lounge meet up thread and see if someone might be able to guest in one of your two guests.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Can't see what mobility issues have to do with anything.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL
You may get a sympathetic staff member, but consider how many people try it on every day... The lounge meet up thread, as suggested by our esteemed Mr a. Laska, is your best bet.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

No problem if not possible. Obviously if this happened multiple times (hey, everyone's got some story) the lounge experience is going to get devalued.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Brown
Serious question, but why do you think they should?

FP
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

I'm not saying I think they "should" (which would imply a sense of entitlement. I'm saying it would be nice if it happened. FWIW I've never seen GF in T3 anything other than sparsely populated, though that in itself is not a reason to allow a second guest in.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm not saying I think they "should" (which would imply a sense of entitlement. I'm saying it would be nice if it happened. FWIW I've never seen GF in T3 anything other than sparsely populated, though that in itself is not a reason to allow a second guest in.
I guess the gap between "should" and "nice" can get a bit marginal. Galleries Club in T3 is also uncrowded on the whole, and you can pay to enter your whole group into that lounge. Two guests is a privilege reserved for BA's frequent flyers so it wouldn't surprise me if you were declined, they may turn a blind eye on a Saturday morning. Particularly if you initially attempted to enter GC first.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Galleries Club in T3 is also uncrowded on the whole, and you can pay to enter your whole group into that lounge.
Ah, I had no idea this was possible. That would work well - thanks.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Ah, I had no idea this was possible. That would work well - thanks.
My pleasure, but I was being slightly disingenuous, you need to pay for a Club Europe onwards ticket OR arrive into LHR the same day from a Business Class/First longhaul oneworld ticket to do this (to keep it over simple).
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I guess the gap between "should" and "nice" can get a bit marginal. Galleries Club in T3 is also uncrowded on the whole, and you can pay to enter your whole group into that lounge. Two guests is a privilege reserved for BA's frequent flyers so it wouldn't surprise me if you were declined, they may turn a blind eye on a Saturday morning. Particularly if you initially attempted to enter GC first.
Did I miss a memo on that CWS, as I didn't think BA offered paid entry on any of their own lounges? Maybe it's just a T3 idiosyncrasy, but if it is something they offer elsewhere, it could make them significantly more attractive to me for family travel...
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Did I miss a memo on that CWS, as I didn't think BA offered paid entry on any of their own lounges? Maybe it's just a T3 idiosyncrasy, but if it is something they offer elsewhere, it could make them significantly more attractive to me for family travel...
You need to read the #11 addendum
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I'm saying it would be nice if it happened.
Nice for whom? And for how many of the many dozens (if not hundreds) of people every day who try it on might this nice thing be done?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You need to read the #11 addendum
Cruel cruel CWS..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.