Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Final 747s to be refitted with New First

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Greg66
Well that's interesting, not least because I'm booked to YVR in April in Club, and had managed to snag 2A there and back whilst F was suspended. I wonder where they will boot me to...

ETA: and the answer was 18J, without telling me of any changes. Fortunately there was still UD space available, but there's potential to get turned over here...
I thought the policy was that the OF seats were only opened up for CW assignment once CW was full, allowing BA to sell an additional 14 CW seats (and 0 F seats) on these flights. On a lightly loaded flight, the F cabin would sit empty. If so, then the fact that you were able to select 2A in the first place seems to indicate that more CW seats were sold than physically exist, which means it's highly likely that some CW passengers on your flight will get op ups and sit in NF with full F service. Of course, that may not be you, but at minimum a good CW seat may open up in this way.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Bram
I thought the policy was that the OF seats were only opened up for CW assignment once CW was full, allowing BA to sell an additional 14 CW seats (and 0 F seats) on these flights. On a lightly loaded flight, the F cabin would sit empty. If so, then the fact that you were able to select 2A in the first place seems to indicate that more CW seats were sold than physically exist, which means it's highly likely that some CW passengers on your flight will get op ups and sit in NF with full F service. Of course, that may not be you, but at minimum a good CW seat may open up in this way.
That's not been my experience, as they seem to open the front cabin up regardless of load in other cabins. I've booked in the front when the lower deck had only a couple of seats assigned. Of course I've not see empty seats in CW on any of my PHX-LHR route in a few years.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:21 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying Doctor

All very interesting.
A CCR in T3 - that would be great but would de facto mean more flights going over to T3. I don't think that it will happen but there is clearly space for it now *A have left. It also allows growth for BA as T5 close to full already. I guess a whole region would have to go to T3 - South America has IB in T5 so counterproductive, the U.S. would work well with AA but connections would be problematic, Africa would be good or maybe SE Asia along with SYD going back.....
The 787-9 is interesting - it might get to go on some of these routes during low season but these routes do get very full in their respective peak seasons...
FD.

Hi,

There are a number of flights moving to T3 during 2015. Whether this would justify a CCR , who knows?

Regards
TBS

PS - a listing of the flights can be found in the first post here;

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...nal-moves.html
That's true and we believe that there are more to follow but the routes that are currently being moved are not the ones that fill up with paid F. If say HKG, JNB, SIN, LAX etc were moving over then it's a different story. CPT is full in F but it's heavy on redemptions and MIA does OK so the current routes aren't enough, much as I would like A CCR in T3 as I do travel to CPT...
FD.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:18 am

Thanks Jonas123 for the heads up. Like others on this thread, I had a CW redemption flight with seats selected in the "declassified" OF section and would have had to put up with the reassigned positions in the lower deck if you hadn't bothered posting!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jokerjokerj
Thanks Jonas123 for the heads up. Like others on this thread, I had a CW redemption flight with seats selected in the "declassified" OF section and would have had to put up with the reassigned positions in the lower deck if you hadn't bothered posting!
Welcome to FlyerTalk jokerjokerj
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
No, ISTR OF seats were available to CW pax with BAEC status.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Originally Posted by paul4040
It's been a rumour on here for some time. Would be super if it happened.
Hmm. Aren't the only two CCRs at T5 and JFK? There are lots of places in the world from where you can step into BA F without a CCR in sight; I can see T3 being added to that list.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus Gold for Life, SPG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by dylanks
That's not been my experience, as they seem to open the front cabin up regardless of load in other cabins. I've booked in the front when the lower deck had only a couple of seats assigned. Of course I've not see empty seats in CW on any of my PHX-LHR route in a few years.
Having seen this I thought I would check my LHR-YVR in June/July where I had 5E and 5F on a CW ticket. Sure enough moved out of F but able to get an Avios upgrade to the F cabin and back in the 5 seats.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philthegreek
Having seen this I thought I would check my LHR-YVR in June/July where I had 5E and 5F on a CW ticket. Sure enough moved out of F but able to get an Avios upgrade to the F cabin and back in the 5 seats.
Hello and welcome philthegreek, good to see that the forum has already helped you. Enjoy your trip and please report any further experiences you have with the CW/F cabin on these old First routes.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
At the time of booking my CW ticket to YVR I had a choice of seats in all three cabins, described as "main" "upper" and "front". When they swapped the route back to New First last week I was unceremoniously dumped into "main", with no notification whatsoever. So yes, my thanks as per the other posters go to the OP without whom I never would have known. I was able to get the choice of seats on the upper deck, and then was able to happily waste a good hour reading up on whether 62K or 64A would be the best choice, but I don't think FT needs another thread on that!
Old Dec 23, 2014, 4:33 pm

The mainstream bloggers have noticed this change, and started announcing that award space in first on these routes is as open as it gets. So if you were planning to book an F seat on these routes, or UuA from CW to F, do it quick (especially on the YVR route).
Old Dec 23, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Uh, right. I've literally just booked a CW LHR-LAS for July which features an OF bird, and, naturally, I placed my party in the nose as I was able to do so.

Should I move us upstairs or leave as-is? Will BA open up the F cabin for sale by July?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by opalfruit
Uh, right. I've literally just booked a CW LHR-LAS for July which features an OF bird, and, naturally, I placed my party in the nose as I was able to do so.

Should I move us upstairs or leave as-is? Will BA open up the F cabin for sale by July?
I'd leave it as-is. They don't tend to change mid season (their seasons are aligned with when daylight savings time starts and ends in the UK.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus Gold for Life, SPG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Calchas
Hello and welcome philthegreek, good to see that the forum has already helped you. Enjoy your trip and please report any further experiences you have with the CW/F cabin on these old First routes.
Thanks for the Welcome. I have CW booked in the F seats on LHR to Las Vegas in March and to date the seats remain as 5E and 5F but I think I will keep checking them. Will let you know outcome
Old Dec 24, 2014, 3:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk philthegreek

Originally Posted by philthegreek
And a belated welcome from me, welcome to Flyertalk philthegreek, and welcome to the BA board. Please continue to post here, we do like to see people joining up with us here. Welcome on board. And I'm glad you managed to spot what was going on there. Look forward to the full First experience, that flight is long enough for you to take it all in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.