Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[UK] BA Discounts for Vitality Health (Pru) Members - Up To 40% from Feb 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[UK] BA Discounts for Vitality Health (Pru) Members - Up To 40% from Feb 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:29 pm

Does anyone know if the with baggage fare is the same as the plus fare (i.e. free changes on the day)?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA silver, VS, Jet, Carlson gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ILikePancakes
We're veggies, over 60% of our shop is 'healthy'
Also, unfortunately the Ocado discount and points are limited to the first £100 per month spent on healthy food as well

Still it could add up to £300 saving and 600 vitality points a year ^
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by ILikePancakes
Platinum is doable! We achieved it in about 8-9 months without being too aggressive about it. Don't forget you start the new policy year on the level you achieved.

For a couple you need to accrue 3600 points in the year. Ways to do this:
  • Install the Moves App (or FitBit if you're on iPone) or use any tracking device you have/go to VA. You can earn up to 40 points a week per person
  • 100 per person for visiting the dentist per year per person
  • 200 points per person for doing the health questionnaire and being non-smokers
  • If you wish, you can do the health check-up for £10. You'll get 240 points for 'knowing your numbers', an additional 60 per number if they're good (another 240), and a bonus 200 for being confirmed as a non-smoker (all per person)

Of course, you can also get points if you join WeightWatchers (discounted, if that's your thing), shopping at Ocado, etc., but the above is more than enough to get you to platinum (and get you active!) if you're organised.

Vitality will also give you 'challenges' to complete, such as keeping active for 150 mins a week, etc. When these are completed you'll get additional bonus points of around 100-150 per challenge.

Note that you roll over 10% of accrued points from the previous year, so every little helps!
Platinum is definitely doable - especially in second year onwards (where you get 10% of last year's total) ... i've just hit Platinum within 6 months.

In addition to the items listed above - if you do a fitness test at the gym you get 60 points, and another 60 points for a good score.

And you get 100 points once a year for confirming you've had an eye check-up that included glaucoma screening (most eye checks do automatically) !
Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
in answer to Navylad

The benefits I use:
- Virgin active discount
- Polar / Garmin 40% discount (most years)
- Free Starbucks coffee per week (almost every week)
- Free Vue/Cineworld cinema ticket per week (almost every week)

Benefits I like the idea of using - but haven't got around to:
- 50% off Sweatshop trainers
- 40% off BA flights (but i often book singles)
- 40% off Eurostar tickets
- 75% off Champneys resorts breaks (maybe)
- 50% off Evan Cycles (when i need a new one)
- 50% off Lloyds Pharmacy online (but there isn't one near me)

Doubt i would use:
- 25% Mr and Mrs Smith
- 25% off Ocado fresh food (each order has to be at least 40 quid)
- Apple Watch 2 for £69

I used to enjoy, but have now been discontinued:
- Stacking up four weeks of Starbucks vouchers (which you could accrue whilst on holiday, and enjoy once you got back)
- iTunes voucher each month
- Non-Smoker cashback (still a few months left)
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I found this when I was searching to find out how long it takes for Ocado points to post. I shouldn't have been surprised FT has a thread on anything points related remotely connected to BA So as I've discovered the thread I'll ask a BA related question.

Currently have a health policy through Vitality. I've not used the BA benefit yet. I've tried a dummy booking (up to but not including payment) and wonder the following:
- Are the fares all eligible for TP/Avios or are they considered like some heavily discounted bulk agency fares and earn nothing?
- As the booking is not via ba.com is it possible to get a POUG?

I think with the 40% platinum discount (not quite there yet) this offers a good deal as long as I don't lose out on points and if POUG is available even better.

I like the little incentives, although none of the freebies are life changing it does provide an incentive to take a longer walking route to work to hit the targets. Small lifestyle changes improve fitness. I'd like to see a scheme like this more targeted to the frequent flyer (e.g. hit your fitness targets and get X Avios a month, this would be more attractive than a free Starbucks or cinema tickets).
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
- Are the fares all eligible for TP/Avios or are they considered like some heavily discounted bulk agency fares and earn nothing?
On all the occasions i've used the discount, i've received Avios for the flight.

- As the booking is not via ba.com is it possible to get a POUG?
The BA website never lets you upgrade. If i recall correctly, the class is typically N, O and Q. When calling up, I believe i was told to contact my travel agent. Unfortunately the travel agent they use is not contactable so effectively I wasn't able to upgrade and this does match the T&Cs also. Not sure if anyone else has had better luck? Did i read that BA can alter Travel Agent bookings now, so maybe this has changed?

As a result, i typically use the discount for economy flights from LCY where economy is still pretty decent (food etc).
Old Nov 4, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
Vitality have announced that they will be ending the British Airways 40% discount scheme. The last chance to book flights is December 13th. They've not announced what (if anything) will replace it.

It's a shame, it was a good little programme and brought the cost of BA flights back down to similar levels as its competitors.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Apparently Virgin Atlantic is replacing BA. From the website I have seen it says 15% discount.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Apparently Virgin Atlantic is replacing BA. From the website I have seen it says 15% discount.
Considering VS’s extensive short-haul network and eye-watering long-hail YQ and taxes ex-UK, this benefit will only benefit Vitality - i.e. save them money...
Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wmaciej
Considering VS’s extensive short-haul network and eye-watering long-hail YQ and taxes ex-UK, this benefit will only benefit Vitality - i.e. save them money...
Even Starbucks benefit is going. New partner is Nero who have like one store in the city.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:05 am

Even Starbucks benefit is going. New partner is Nero who have like one store in the city.
Is it? Has this been announced anywhere and when it will take effect?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:25 am

Great news, Nero's coffee is so much better than Starbucks - can finally not waste my free coffee benefit now.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by wmaciej
Presumably it's 15% off long haul (hence the lower discount rate)?

Key will be, as you allude to, whether it's 15% off of base fare or of full cost. The latter would actually be a pretty meaningful benefit. In general, given that the nominal BA discounts aren't the real discount (since the discount is usually from a marked up base price), maybe we're actually winning here...
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by strayersong
Great news, Nero's coffee is so much better than Starbucks - can finally not waste my free coffee benefit now.
I agree Nero is better but they don't have enough places locally to me. Only one in the city centre where I will hardly use it. Starbucks had more locations at least in my area.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
Presumably it's 15% off long haul (hence the lower discount rate)?

Key will be, as you allude to, whether it's 15% off of base fare or of full cost. The latter would actually be a pretty meaningful benefit. In general, given that the nominal BA discounts aren't the real discount (since the discount is usually from a marked up base price), maybe we're actually winning here...
Game over:
5 15% Virgin Atlantic discount is across all fares, classes and cabins operated by Virgin Atlantic Airways. Excludes taxes and fees.
With that and Ocado going in January, I'll be exploring other providers - BUPA was pretty decent, so I'll probably go back. Vitality benefits were good until the 2020 "enhancements".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.