BA 10% off with Chase Visa Signature card

Old Dec 16, 14, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
BA 10% off with Chase Visa Signature card

The promotion says it can be used for a roundtrip flight completed before December 31, 2015. Does the "roundtrip" flight include open jaw (i.e., LHR to ZRH; FCO to LHR)?
Old Dec 16, 14, 11:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by enzian View Post
The promotion says it can be used for a roundtrip flight completed before December 31, 2015. Does the "roundtrip" flight include open jaw (i.e., LHR to ZRH; FCO to LHR)?
Promotional code is applied before payment, so you can try doing a dummy booking and see if the code works.
Old Dec 16, 14, 11:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, *wood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Last time I tried to use the discount, the T&Cs required a roundtrip originating from the USA. YMMV
Old Dec 17, 14, 9:39 am
Original Poster

I do not see anything in the T&C's requiring a US origination, just a "roundtrip".
Old Dec 18, 14, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I got this error while trying to do a dummy booking LHR-ZRH

Sorry, you cannot use <code> when paying in this currency.
<code>, may not be used when flying from this departure point

I have removed the coupon code intentionally
Old Dec 18, 14, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Yes. I tried a dummy booking and got the error message. So we will not be able to use it at all.
Old Dec 18, 14, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
T&Cs state:
"Valid only for new bookings made by US residents paying in USD with a valid British Airways Visa Signature card issued by Chase, for travel commencing from the US to London and beyond or commencing on OpenSkies from New York/Newark to Paris Orly. Cardholder must travel to qualify for the 10% discount."
Old Dec 18, 14, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
Cardholder must travel to qualify for the 10% discount.
Is this a new requirement for the 10 percent discount? Several times over the past two years, I have purchased BA tickets for friends, and received the discount. In some cases, I was on the same flight (with a separate PNR), but in some cases I wasn't travelling at all.

Perhaps they don't enforce this requirement. Anyone have any experience to share?

It is a nice arrangement: My friends get a discount, and I get the 2.5x avios on my BA Chase card. It is a win-win.
Old Dec 18, 14, 9:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia View Post
Is this a new requirement for the 10 percent discount? Several times over the past two years, I have purchased BA tickets for friends, and received the discount. In some cases, I was on the same flight (with a separate PNR), but in some cases I wasn't travelling at all.

Perhaps they don't enforce this requirement. Anyone have any experience to share?

It is a nice arrangement: My friends get a discount, and I get the 2.5x avios on my BA Chase card. It is a win-win.
I was wondering the same thing. I got rid of my Chase BA card, but my father still has his... Isnt it true that Visa does not Verify first name in credit card transactions, so if I put my name as cardholder, it still goes through?
Old Dec 18, 14, 10:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
This is a grey zone for sure, and I have in the past made a booking (only the one) for my uncle using the discount (before I was made aware of the "card holder must travel" bit) though he had no trouble with his trip.

Since discovering this, I havent exploited the loophole further. However, I am not the primary card holder, rather my husband - the other Mr. Amargrossa - is.

Though I have a card in my own name (linked to his account/card) and since that does technically make me a card holder, I've had no guilt about offsetting the additional YQ on my UUAs to CW with the WTP tickets bought using cardofferu
Old Dec 18, 14, 11:15 pm

I don't think that there is much risk here. I have purchased 5 or 6 tickets for friends (not family members, completely different names) with absolutely no problems. Go for it....
Old Mar 8, 15, 5:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VSFC Silver, Amex SPG, Chase BA
Is there any way to utilize the Chase 10% offer when booking a flight and hotel deal?
Old Feb 1, 18, 12:22 pm

Can I use this promo when booking via the phone? Does it apply for flights departing from Europe?
Old Feb 1, 18, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
The first post in this thread says the flight must be completed before December 31 2015, so I’m guessing no.
Old Feb 1, 18, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by NeverFirst View Post
The first post in this thread says the flight must be completed before December 31 2015, so I’m guessing no.
That first post in this thread was more than three years ago, so I'm guessing that the world might have changed in the last three years. Just a guess.

And instead of guessing, in the time that it took to type your reply, a simple google search would have revealed that this promotional offer has been extended several times, and is still in effect.

So, to answer the original question, you must use the ba.com website, use the promo code CARDOFFERU, and pay with a Chase Visa card.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: