BA 10% off with Chase Visa Signature card

Old Feb 1, 18, 7:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ILman View Post
Can I use this promo when booking via the phone? Does it apply for flights departing from Europe?
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia View Post

So, to answer the original question, you must use the ba.com website, use the promo code CARDOFFERU, and pay with a Chase Visa card.
And the answer to the second part of the question is 'no'. Flights have to originate in the USA. Full details are in the terms and conditions here:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...visa-signature

"Valid only for new bookings made by US residents paying in USD with a valid British Airways Visa Signature card issued by Chase, for travel commencing from the US to London and beyond or commencing on OpenSkies from New York/Newark to Paris Orly. Cardholder must travel to qualify for the 10% discount."
Old Feb 1, 18, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
And the answer to the second part of the question is 'no'. Flights have to originate in the USA. Full details are in the terms and conditions here:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...visa-signature

"Valid only for new bookings made by US residents paying in USD with a valid British Airways Visa Signature card issued by Chase, for travel commencing from the US to London and beyond or commencing on OpenSkies from New York/Newark to Paris Orly. Cardholder must travel to qualify for the 10% discount."
Many folks have reported that (1) they have successfully booked itineraries that did not incude the cardholder, and (2) any Chase Visa card will work, it doesn't have to be the BA-branded Visa.
Old Feb 1, 18, 9:53 pm

Many folks have reported that (1) they have successfully booked itineraries that did not incude the cardholder, and (2) any Chase Visa card will work, it doesn't have to be the BA-branded Visa.
I know.

I was quoting the terms as they relate to the question I was answering (the one relating to the country of departure).
Old Feb 1, 18, 10:18 pm

I know.

I was quoting the terms as they relate to the question I was answering (the one relating to the country of departure).
Yes, you know, but there are other people reading this thread besides you. By quoting T & C's that, in reality, are never enforced, misinformation is being repeated, without any caveats or context.
Old Feb 2, 18, 12:27 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
#2 i thought that was history..... you can book, but they will reject you "after" you click on pay.

I tried many many many times, doesnt work anymore.

#1 , 1 have no issue booking for someone.
Old Feb 2, 18, 8:24 am

Yes, you know, but there are other people reading this thread besides you. By quoting T & C's that, in reality, are never enforced, misinformation is being repeated, without any caveats or context.
I answered a specific question by referencing the supplier's published terms and conditions. The clause in the terms and conditions that related to the OP's question are correct and enforced and my answer was correct. Are you suggesting that whenever we answer questions and make reference to the terms and conditions we also have to spell out all the other non related things in the terms that *may* not be enforced or we're guilty of spreading misinformation?
NeverFirst likes this.
Old Feb 2, 18, 9:28 am

I answered a specific question by referencing the supplier's published terms and conditions. The clause in the terms and conditions that related to the OP's question are correct and enforced and my answer was correct. Are you suggesting that whenever we answer questions and make reference to the terms and conditions we also have to spell out all the other non related things in the terms that *may* not be enforced or we're guilty of spreading misinformation?
Yes.
Old Feb 2, 18, 9:53 am

Yes.
Good luck with that then! I'll not be doing it.

Based on the Fly2Where's post above it sounds like it is now necessary to use a BA Chase Card now (as listed in the terms). You'll need to keep up to date or you might end up spreading misinformation and that would never do
NeverFirst likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: