Wiki Posts
Search

Another example of BA IT failure

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Another example of BA IT failure

So searching for flights going back to Germany in spring. And as so often I see this:

So since when is $6,477 lowest in comparison to $2,821? *rolleyes*
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:22 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I presume it is saying that is the lowest F fare available - it may not be fully flexible for example.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:25 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
There should be a 'Lowest' indicator for all classes shown, so $6477 would be the lowest First option and there should be a lowest CW option.

It can happen that the lowest First fare is lower than the lowest CW fare (although not in this case), and sometimes the split-return pricing engine can show confusing/erroneous results especially if you try to change the inbound leg before the outbound.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
It will show the lowest price for each cabin. I'm guessing there is a cheaper Business Class fare out of the picture hence why the $2821 isn't highlighted.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:26 am
Original Poster

The page I had, showed no yellow marking for Club. So maybe that is why the lowest indication on the First column annoys me.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:27 am

The OP is BA Gold??
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
If the search is done looking for First, then that will be highlighted.

If flying CW is survivable, then it's only $2821
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
If the search is done looking for First, then that will be highlighted.

If flying CW is survivable, then it's only $2821
The search was for Club.

The "lowest" being the lowest First is probably right, but I find it still "wrong" the way it is displayed. "Lowest First" would be right.

And yes, angatol, I am Gold.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I presume it is saying that is the lowest F fare available - it may not be fully flexible for example.
That's exactly what it's saying.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Im confused, what exactly is the IT failure? am I missing something??
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I wonder if BA ever did a study of the conversion rates when only the cabin selected at the start of the search was yellowed versus the existing model.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Gshumway
The search was for Club.

The "lowest" being the lowest First is probably right, but I find it still "wrong" the way it is displayed. "Lowest First" would be right.

And yes, angatol, I am Gold.
Sorry, that was a bit snarky. But it always displays the lowest fare for each cabin and I find it a good way to see the lowest fare and to see if a higher cabin is relatively closely priced. I'd be interested to see what dates you are searching for that show no lowest Club price, but do show a lowest First price.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by angatol
Sorry, that was a bit snarky. But it always displays the lowest fare for each cabin and I find it a good way to see the lowest fare and to see if a higher cabin is relatively closely priced. I'd be interested to see what dates you are searching for that show no lowest Club price, but do show a lowest First price.
I think I should have been more clear. I find a failure, be it IT or marketing, whoever decides on how to display stuff, because it showed only lowest on my screen on the "First" column. And that price is NOT the lowest when you search for Club/Business.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
One of reasons this can happen is if all the fares in a paticular travel class are the same meaning there is no lowest ( or highest for that matter) fare for that class of travel.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Gshumway
I think I should have been more clear. I find a failure, be it IT or marketing, whoever decides on how to display stuff, because it showed only lowest on my screen on the "First" column. And that price is NOT the lowest when you search for Club/Business.
And rudimentary maths wasn't enough for you to figure this one out for yourself without BA highlighting it for you? If anything it's a glitch, not a failure. Get over it.

And another one to add to the pointless negative thread list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.