Wiki Posts
Search

Guesting policy at Fast Track

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Guesting policy at Fast Track

I generally do all my BA travels on my own however in the next few months I have some travel planned with colleagues and family. My question is at fast track security what are the rules on using this with

1. One colleague on the same PNR.
2. One colleague on a different PNR in the same cabin.
3. One colleague on a different PNR in a different cabin.
4. Three family members on the same PNR (Wife +2 children)

I also am interested in the same question regarding priority boarding.

I am currently silver but might make gold this year but I am assuming that this will make no difference to the above.
Many Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Depends a lot on the airport. But in broad terms you are allowed a guest, and to the extent of a family too, but it may be that the automated gate at LHR (for instance) will decline the guests, almost certainly so if on separate PNRs. You then need card in hand to explain to the agent, and hopefully s/he will help you....... Cabin doesn't make much difference in this situation, except that if an agent was being unhelpful it may provide added grist to their arguments.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
At Fast Track security, Gold and Silver members can take one guest. All passengers travelling in F/J/Business UK can also access Fast Track security, but no guest unless Silver/Gold.

Fast Track boarding is only for F/J/Business UK and Gold/Silver/Bronze. No guests technically, but in practice rarely enforced. Silver/Bronze do not get Fast Track boarding at LCY unless in an eligible cabin.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:59 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

My experience in guesting someone through Fast Track at T5 North the other week:

I approached the BA agent manning the front of the fast track queue, who said it was "entirely up to the HAL agent if they would allow me a guest and nothing to do with BA, and to ask them nicely."

Having been allowed through, immediately after the photo point, the "Fast Track" and routine security tensa barriers mysteriously merged.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:08 pm

So is it pointless using the machines at T5 if a gch flying in Y?

Did I imagine that they used to cope or was there a time when they accepted any valid BP?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
So is it pointless using the machines at T5 if a gch flying in Y?

Did I imagine that they used to cope or was there a time when they accepted any valid BP?
If BA Gold card and it is showing on the BP, that will be picked up correctly by the machines, regardless of travel class. Not sure about all the other oneworld cards, however.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Emerald and Sapphire will be picked up on the boarding pass scanners at security. Guests would need a manual override by the HAL security officer on the desk.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Thanks for the informative replies. I was thinking mainly of T5 and mostly connecting through the FCC. The family trip is via LGW which is a relief considering the horror stories on here regarding T5 at the moment.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If BA Gold card and it is showing on the BP, that will be picked up correctly by the machines, regardless of travel class. Not sure about all the other oneworld cards, however.
Interesting. My last 3 trips out of LHR have had Gold on the (app) BP but been rejected by the machines. First time nice chap apologised and let me through, second time a snotty woman told me that I wasn't entitled and machine was programmed correctly to keep all Y pax out regardless of status and on Sunday the chap told me the machines never work for status pax in Y.

Seems like a software (either machine or app) and training issue.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by Genius1

Fast Track boarding is only for F/J/Business UK and Gold/Silver/Bronze. No guests technically, but in practice rarely enforced. Silver/Bronze do not get Fast Track boarding at LCY unless in an eligible cabin.
Are you sure about this? I've always thought you could take one guest with priority boarding too - and certainly have done so in the past, with no comments from the gate agents.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:58 pm

I was a guest of One world Sapphire, few weeks back and I was allowed access to lounges, fast track security at T5 transit security and priority boarding at all the airports including LHR

Last edited by flyer0123; Dec 1, 2014 at 5:21 pm
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA GC
It currently isn't possible for ANY of the automatic gates to determine whether a boarding pass is bronze/silver/gold or the OW equivalents. The information isn't contained in the barcode at all. All that they can access is the Class (or usually the Compartment) code.

Your EC number is in the barcode but as these dont change as your status changes (unlike some airlines like LH) it isn't possible to make any decisions based on this.

This limitation in the content of the barcode on BA boarding passes is why some airports (like Brussels) have the little stickers that checkin agents give to premium passengers travelling in Y to allow them to use fastrack
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I'm flying PSA LHR NCL in Y today with a colleague who is not a member of BAEC and who has a different PNR. As a newly minted silver i was glad to see fast track written on the printed LHR NCL BP after OLCI. I hope they do not make any issues with guesting my colleague through fast track. Will update from the lounge,
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Sorry to hijack the thread, but what about with a family?

I'm travelling LGW to MCO in May 2015 with 5 other family members, including a 5 year old, all on the same PNR. I will be BA Silver

Assume its too many for fast track security and boarding?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by CUPPSIT
This limitation in the content of the barcode on BA boarding passes is why some airports (like Brussels) have the little stickers that checkin agents give to premium passengers travelling in Y to allow them to use fastrack
Is this an option in BRU? I don't normally visit an agent but since I usually fly Y I might be persuaded to do so for a sticker. I'd understood status doesn't get FT at all in BRU but happy to be corrected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.