Advance Passenger Information Bug?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Advance Passenger Information Bug?

Have an upcoming flight to the US

MMB is insisting I have to enter API data. "More information is required"

But I have entered it repeatedly, using 2 different computers and 3 different browsers!

Every time I go to enter the data, the fields are already populated with the correct data. I click on submit/save - it says "Information is complete"

Go to MMB - and guess what - "more information is required"

Tried saving the data in the exec club profile, saving it without logging in the the Exec account, tried to delete the data, save it and re enter it - no luck

I have a US passport and no ESTA is required.

Concerned that it may cause a problem at OLCI - don't want to lose the great seats I've bagged.

Have tried calling BA but gave up twice after waiting 20 min and 30 min respectively (on the Silver line) - ridiculous. Have now memorised the Fower Song BA

Any ideas?

Last edited by mrandery; Dec 1, 2014 at 7:35 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ssing-api.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...owing-red.html
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks

I searched for "Advanced Passenger Information" but not "API".
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by mrandery
Thanks

I searched for "Advanced Passenger Information" but not "API".
And you won't find API, as the search will give you a message that the string is too short for the full text search features of the forum.

You could do a site:www.flyertalk.com API search on google to come up with answers, but I'll admit that's not the most straightforward way of searching. It's probably the best way to search FT though.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Have BA changed your flights or need changes confirmed because that's the same issue I had yesterday. I rung up BA agreed the changes and then all was back to BA's normal superb (cough cough) IT
John
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA, onePass
I have the same issue as OP.....information complete on MMB but reverts to red.....has been that way since day of booking. There have been no changes to booking/flight and seats are confirmed.

I also have concerns about OLCI for this flight and was hoping someone can better explain other than its a glitch....it's very disconcerting😣
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by nalismom
I have the same issue as OP.....information complete on MMB but reverts to red.....has been that way since day of booking. There have been no changes to booking/flight and seats are confirmed.

I also have concerns about OLCI for this flight and was hoping someone can better explain other than its a glitch....it's very disconcerting😣
Don't worry too much about it. I was able to OLCI both ways on my last RT in spite of this issue. I did choose to pick up my boarding passes at the airport. Check-in agent at ZRH said he was seeing the issue quite frequently. On the way back from SEA it was still red, but I had stopped paying attention.

Perhaps it's time for an API sticky given how much we've seen this popping up recently.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA, onePass
Thanks greg5..... That is reassuring😊
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:55 pm

I encountered the same issue, but had no issues to OLCI
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:28 pm

I've had this issue for a while with a flight in February. BA, can you fix this please? It's really annoying! How hard can it be?

rb211.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by greg5
And you won't find API, as the search will give you a message that the string is too short for the full text search features of the forum.

You could do a site:www.flyertalk.com API search on google to come up with answers, but I'll admit that's not the most straightforward way of searching. It's probably the best way to search FT though.
You can put quotations around "API" and the FT search will not reject it. A similar technique is employed to search for airports, for example "LHR".
Old Dec 1, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
I have the same issue and made a call to find out what's going on couple of weeks ago. I was told that it is a known issue and they are working on it but no ETA at this time. Agent told me that it should not affect OCLI process.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
You can put quotations around "API" and the FT search will not reject it. A similar technique is employed to search for airports, for example "LHR".
Interesting, will it still match it though, I wonder. I know that the three letter issue is a problem with MySQL not being configured to allow full-text search of strings shorter than a certain length. I remember this both from working with MySQL, and running a vBulletin forum years ago.

Could be that FT is set up to be able to look up certain tokens. It would make sense with all of the airport codes.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:16 am

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
The agent on the fone told me its because the redress number isn't filled out, which normally it wouldn't be, but nevertheless the computer thinks you haven't filled out ALL the boxes. I was told to ignore...
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:13 am

Same issue + MMB wants me to enter passport info. when flying short-haul as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.