Search

GGL Line

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
GGL Line

Seriously, what has happened?!?

I'm currently sitting having been on hold for 15 minutes, had the same experience last week. This used to be answered within 2 or 3 rings, so the complete step change in service isn't due to organic membership growth.

BA cut the call centre numbers as an 'enhancement'?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I too had a fairly long wait this morning, although it was a bit better than yours at about 10 minutes (maybe 8 minutes or something). I really thought I'd lose the 1 seat left for the week.

I miss the days when the calls used to be picked up within a couple of rings or sometimes without even ringing, although I guess 10 minutes isn't that bad.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Dec 1, 2014 at 4:53 am
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:26 am

Programs: GGLfL
Hasn't been answered in 2-3 rings for quite some time.

I frequently hang up and dial back later. Not the exclusive personalised service it used to be. Pity really, as when you get through the team are fantastic, but just not enough of them (or too many of us).
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Seems T5 North security has been closed again this morning, so the queues for T5 South security were insane, with many people missing flights. Many of those were on the phone trying to salvage their trips. That could explain why the lines have been busy. I phoned on Friday lunchtime-ish to change a booking at it was picked up after two rings.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:37 am

Programs: ABBA
Rarely ring, however after the initial disclaimers and the phone actually rings I don't recall it taking more than 10 seconds.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 5:53 am
Original Poster

I hardly ever use it, either disruption, joker or something that web site isn't letting me do (change a flight date in this am's instance), but my last two experiences have been dire in terms of wait time.

Again with the comments that the team are great when you get through to them but its honestly not a perk if you're sitting on hold all day.

Interesting to hear about the disruption, may have impacted today but wasn't a cause last week.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 5:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've only rung them 4 times this year, according to my phone log, but I had to ring them yesterday since my flight was cancelled. Though they rebooked me onto the next flight, I couldn't get past the "Accept" button to get to MMB (our systems not responding). I waited 6 minutes 4 seconds to get to an agent, which is the longest I've ever had to wait.

I'm not moaning too much about that, they did actually try to call me earlier, but I was too busy engrossed in Flyertalk to hear the the phone ring, which really is daft of me!

They also email me at 06:16 and send me a text at 06:12, for the flight leaving at 15:50. Ended up in seat 1B for my sins, but I survived somehow.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold GGL, Hilton Diamond, FB Grey, Amex MR, Trop Plus Gold
On Friday at 17:45, I had an 8 minute wait. Went back into the pub to finish my drink until they picked up. It was only to book a spa treatment though.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: VS Silver, EK Gold, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I miss the days when the calls used to be picked up within a couple of rings or sometimes without even ringing, although I guess 10 minutes isn't that bad.
In my view 10 minutes is unacceptable on any of the lines into BA - most well run businesses strive to answer calls within much shorter timeframes. The fact this is going on for so long at BA on the non GGL lines shows that it is seen as acceptable by the business.

If they think a 10 minute wait is acceptable for the top <1% of their customers that's beyond foolish. The manager(s) responsible should be considering their positions as they are certainly not considering what's best for the business in the long term. That line is not just used for spa bookings or what's the menu to Botswana in three months time, it's regularly used for new bookings.

If I experienced that level of delay on a new booking I'd just call a TA and let BA pay them commission rather than paying the call centre salaries - all the one to me.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aztec_Flyer
In my view 10 minutes is unacceptable on any of the lines into BA - most well run businesses strive to answer calls within much shorter timeframes. The fact this is going on for so long at BA on the non GGL lines shows that it is seen as acceptable by the business.

If they think a 10 minute wait is acceptable for the top <1% of their customers that's beyond foolish. The manager(s) responsible should be considering their positions as they are certainly not considering what's best for the business in the long term. That line is not just used for spa bookings or what's the menu to Botswana in three months time, it's regularly used for new bookings.

If I experienced that level of delay on a new booking I'd just call a TA and let BA pay them commission rather than paying the call centre salaries - all the one to me.
Completely agree
Old Dec 2, 2014, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Aztec_Flyer
My post did not mean to sound like I consider it acceptable. It just wasn't 'too bad' compared to non-GGL lines.

I would much prefer a wait time of no more than a couple of minutes maximum, although I can't remember the last time I called an airline without having to hold, apart from relatively small airlines.

However, I have to say holding for more than about 3-4 minutes isn't very common on the GGL line.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I agree that the wait times on the GGL line have gone through the roof in the last few months. I'm sure there must be fewer agents than before, as I don't believe our numbers can have swelled that much, can they? (although I did see 3 other GLs in the queue to board ex-BRU a few weeks ago - and that was just the ones with bag tags showing).

In fact the time I really needed them a few weeks ago, when turning around in Seoul and having to go back on the same plane, it did take 6 minutes to answer - heaven knows how much the mobile phone bill was for listening to the Flower Duet...
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I rang three times in the last week. First two at about 19:50 and got through fairly quickly. The third time at about 18:15 it took a full five minutes to get through after hitting option 6.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:24 pm

I unexpected needed to call today due to the online system not working.

It was much quicker today with holding time of only about 45-60 seconds after the obligatory recorded message about the personal information.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I unexpected needed to call today due to the online system not working.

It was much quicker today with holding time of only about 45-60 seconds after the obligatory recorded message about the personal information.

I called YouFirst today and the women answered saying it was the BAEC Gold Line. Anyway... took about 10 seconds (if that) after the recorded message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.