Do all planes not have the new safety vid?

Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin

On one of the lovely looking new A320s just now and we got the old video about how devices have to be switched off etc etc. The CSD just did an annoucement saying 'oh btw that was wring - you can keep your devices on'. So is the plane not updated or did someone push the wrong button?!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA
Quite a few of my recent flights have had out of date information. The cabin crew usually announce that they're incorrect beforehand.

I don't know how difficult it is to update the system, do these run on DVDs? or are they stored on a hard drive?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:36 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

I have even had the old video on A320s on their first outing after refurbishment. The crew don't necessarily know which version they will get if they have just joined the aircraft hence the standard announcement uses the 'may' word. There is also the BMI announcement, in Nottingham English, still out there.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I prefer the old video! Notice all the spacing errors on the new video, e.g. they don't give the crew any time to point out the exits?

I don't think they need to revamp the video completely but those little details should not have been overlooked.

One think I don't like about either video is the way the passengers just stare at the oxygen masks when they drop
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For an operator that prizes itself on its safety record, not being bothered to update the safety video is rather embarrassing.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
We had the pretty new G-EUYU and an excellent 4 man cabin crew!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL, Hilton Diamond, FB Grey, Amex MR, Trop Plus Gold
The voice on the new video is just too soft and passive for my liking.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Royce
The voice on the new video is just too soft and passive for my liking.
Agree. The intonation on the old one was better too. I like a firm voice to remind me that the bag does not inflate

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.