Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

If you could have a job with BA what would it be and why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If you could have a job with BA what would it be and why?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:13 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Father Jose Fernandez
Am I the only one surprised by the total lack of ambition shown by people in this thread? It's a fantasy. Enjoy it.

I thought there would be two answers. Pilot or Chief Exec.
This is more of a tongue in cheek thread/see what folks MAY like to do.

Ambition has a very broad meaning in my book which doesn't always mean reaching for the top of ones chosen profession. Anyhow, what's your ideal job?

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Gate agent, but only if I was allowed a cattle prod to deal with people who don't understand boarding procedures.
High or Low Voltage?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver
The person who drives the snow plow at T5. 365 days off a year.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, KL/AF Lifetime Platinum, TK Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
This is more of a tongue in cheek thread and ambition has a very broad meaning in my book which doesn't always mean reaching for the top of ones chosen profession. Anyhow, what's your ideal job?
Check-in staff. Part time.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I think revenue management would be fascinating.
It truly is - and what is more I reckon that pricing and revenue management is where all the CEOs in 10-20 years time will be coming from.

Originally Posted by Father Jose Fernandez
Am I the only one surprised by the total lack of ambition shown by people in this thread? It's a fantasy. Enjoy it.

I thought there would be two answers. Pilot or Chief Exec.
Being a pilot would be awful. You have to follow instructions to the letter and work antisocial hours.

Being a CEO would be awful too. You have to deal with shareholders and trade unions. That's why I said I wanted to be an NED - all the benefits of being on the board with no hassle from external sources.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paralytic
366 every fourth year
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:15 pm

Senior Vice President - Money Wasting Dept.

Key accountabilities include:

Blowing all the pennies saved from 'enhancing the passenger experience'

Ensuring budget target smashed into outer orbit.

Grovel to SVP Enhancement Projects for more cash to be generated next year

Get pissed off on Duty a Travel in CE at the pitiful size of scones now offered and complain to SVP Catering.

Agree with SVP catering that better sized (but lower overall quality) scones can be purchased if we use more stale bread in finger sandwiches, or ditch decent fizz all together for a cheap Lambrini knock off labeled 'Monopole'.

Get even more pissed when on Staff Travel firm F ticket to CPT to find F is now J in disguise.

Swear to the gods of hydraulic system failures and horrid winter ops, that these changes are all the fault of overpaid Pilots and Cabin Crew.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Paralytic
Do you think they get the staff travel discount? Can't tell if you're really smart or really lazy...
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
NED for me
It wasn't until I saw your second post that I realised you meant NED and not the somewhat derogatory Scottish variant of NED

Of course, you could be a plane ned or a train ned too
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Being a pilot would be awful. You have to follow instructions to the letter and work antisocial hours.
It's honestly not that bad working 'anti-social' hours which is very common these days for a lot of folks.

I have been doing this mainly for nearly 24 years including night shifts and weekend working, however, that doesn't really involve experiencing different time zones.

Benefits:

Golf Courses, the roads, shops, cinemas, the gym, walking places are generally empty during my sometimes midweek days off
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Excellent question PETER01. The answer is clear to me, and so in order of preference:

1. Concorde Pilot
2. 747 Pilot
3. Anyone who gets to wear a Hi-Vis vest, preferably the guy with the ping-pong bats
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by layz
You'd lose the will to live after the first week, maybe after the first day!
I suspect I would be marched out of the building as soon as the supervisor overheard my loud two word replies.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
It's honestly not that bad working 'anti-social' hours which is very common these days for a lot of folks.

I have been doing this mainly for nearly 24 years including night shifts and weekend working, however, that doesn't really involve experiencing different time zones.

Benefits:

Golf Courses, the roads, shops, cinemas, the gym, walking places are generally empty during my sometimes midweek days off
What time do the pilots start their day for those horrible 06:00 departures? I hate them as a passenger never mind actually having to pilot an aircraft.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:08 pm

Benefits:

Nail! head! boom. Summed up nicely. But you forgot missing Xmas,Easter,weddings,family events etc etc.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:08 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I suspect I would be marched out of the building as soon as the supervisor overheard my loud two word replies.
You're reminding me of the angry Scottish pizza man.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by layz
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I would like a job in customer service.....manning the trivial complaints line.
You'd lose the will to live after the first week, maybe after the first day!
Yes! Poor Hiddy would have to put up with all the moaning sods on here ha ha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.