Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T7 BA First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB plus Platinum, JK Gold, BAEC Silver, LH Senator, PC Platinum Ambassador
JFK T7 BA First Class Lounge

Hello,

I have a flight to tomorrow with a long stopover at JFK T7 (BA Terminal), anyone would help me to know if on First Class Lounge is any "storage room" service for trolley (as on the right hand side after pass entrance of LHR T5 First class Lounge) ?? I´ll appreciate quick responses as I like to do some shopping in the city during the stopover.

Thanks,
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
What flights are you arriving and departing on exactly? The GF is airside I don't think you can go airside to drop a bag and then go out landside and then come back airside later.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
No. The First Class lounge is a darken room off the main lounge area with very limited facilities.

Presume you don't mean the Concorde Room for BA First passengers.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You can go airside and then landside if your immediate arriving via UA, for example, but if you want specific advice you best give the specific flights involved. You can in theory just walk out of airside T7 too, as BA1 passengers do. There is a luggage store in the lounge complex (serving both lounges) and also CCR. However CCR closes mid morning until mid afternoon, depending on flight schedule.

Landside there are no facilities in T7 (there other in some of the other terminals) but you can check in luggage any day on the date of departure. Your other option is to take the LIRR to Penn Station, which isn't too much hassle with luggage, and leave it at the left luggage store in Penn.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB plus Platinum, JK Gold, BAEC Silver, LH Senator, PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by KARFA
What flights are you arriving and departing on exactly? The GF is airside I don't think you can go airside to drop a bag and then go out landside and then come back airside later.
I´m arriving on AA Terminal from west coast and move to BA T7, I assume still domestic arrivals (United) on T7 since a couple of years ago that allows you to go out??

I´ll check lugagge in west coast to Europe, but still to carry on a trolley, so plan is:

1.- Arrive at AA Terminal
2.- Move to T7 BA Terminal
3.- Pass security checkpoint
4.- Go Out as United passengers do.. (i suposse possible)
5.- Go downtown and come back
6.- Pass security checkpoint again (i don´t know if there will be atrouble as duplicate pass through security boarding pass scanner).
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Txolo
I´m arriving on AA Terminal from west coast and move to BA T7, I assume still domestic arrivals (United) on T7 since a couple of years ago that allows you to go out??
OK, though you can in theory do this, it would be a lot easier to use the T8 baggage storage lockers, or go to Penn. You can in theory leave luggage in the T7 lounge complex and then leave, but if the agent spots you leaving airside it may get sticky. Though this is acceptable in Admirals Lounges, it's not common or recommended practice in BA lounges to leave luggage completely unattended airside.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Txolo
So you are arriving at T8 then. Yes, I think you can do your method but frankly this seems a very long winded way of finding somewhere to leave a bag. You would have to exit T8, get the airtrain to T7, check in and get a bp, go through security, drop your bag, leave to landside and then head off. As the TSA like to scrawl on your bp when you come back you would have to get a new one and go back through security.

I don't believe there is any system issue here - is there a "ready to fly" equivalent at T7 as there is at LHR T5? If there is though you will have to deal with that as well since you will appear to already be airside.

Tbh I would be tempted to leave you bag at left luggage (I think T1 and T4 has them landside) or get the LIRR and use the one at Penn as suggested by cws.

EDIT: as advised by cws there is a left luggage landisde at T8 so even easier go with that. Seems your route would be a lot of hassle for a very minimal saving.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Whilst I cannot comment on the economics of time spent etc. I can say that I have left my carry on luggage at the left luggage in BA's lounge complex at T7 and left the airport to have lunch and return a few hours later. No problem whatsoever and no need to reprint BP or anything like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.