Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EDI - BA check-in moved

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

EDI - BA check-in moved

Any idea why, as the airport expands eastwards, the BA check-in moved to the western end of the terminal, so that it is in particular furthest away from the tram stop and the security hall?

Unless there are plans for "security west" (if I am not mistaken, a staff security checkpoint is located nearby), this looks like a bad swap.

<dream>
Actually, what about BA premium fast-track directly to the lounge?
</dream>
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
does that mean an extra walk of 15 seconds
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SAS EB Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Gold, Accor Silver
Yes, I noticed that this evening. They seem to be down to 6 or 8 self tagging stations and 2-3 desks. The area where they formerly were seemed to be occupied by Turkish Airlines the evening.

I did wonder if there was going to be some work at that end of the check in hall, maybe to expand it or to improve the access to the new security hall or if it's anything to do with the building work that will be starting above in the coming weeks when the old hall closes.

Either that or it's yet another enhancement....
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:13 pm

Yes, it's another enhancement ,no room for any more check-in desks so solution is to place pod-type free standing desks in front of current desk.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, SAS EB Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Gold, Accor Silver
One does wonder where Ethiad are going to park their A330 next year. Another extension required...
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
This threw me yesterday evening too. Trundled off the Airport Bus on autopilot to where the check-in machines are under the escalators... to find BA had vanished.

It did seem a bit strange that BA have ended-up way at the far end. Maybe EDI sees BA as worth less to them than the other airlines who server a greater selection of destinations and who could be tempted to open up more international routes in the medium term.

Shame, the old location was very handy for the entrance and security upstairs.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
I discussed it on Thursday with BA staff who said it was a "trial". Unofficially none of them thought it was an improvement and added to the new security hall shambles means EDI is becoming a much slower experience than it used to be.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Where are the BA desks now? Over to the left as you enter, near Ryanair? Makes sense since BA's new domestic cabin is very similar in comfort to the LCCs
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Where are the BA desks now? Over to the left as you enter, near Ryanair? Makes sense since BA's new domestic cabin is very similar in comfort to the LCCs
Hi,

Yes at the far left end of the hall.

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Thanks to this thread I did not wander around the old BA check in area this morning like a dawk! I can see the reason for moving here - they have some new snazzy desks for bag drop and there seems to be more room - on the downside they have lost prime position in front of the escalators up to security.

I am ambivalent about the move - no better or worse for me.

Regards

aks120
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
I think that area near the escalator is due for refurb, so BA had to move over..

Part of the check-in re-design will see all the desks re-done, and a bit of musical chairs for the airline locations.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Went on autopilot towards the check-in desks for QR at EDI this morning, and saw BA now being back in its former spot, with QR now located at the western end.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Flying Blue Zilch, East Coast Rewards Lots&lots, Miles & More nada
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Went on autopilot towards the check-in desks for QR at EDI this morning, and saw BA now being back in its former spot, with QR now located at the western end.
Yup - noticed that on Thursday morning and meant to post it here. But failed to do so
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
That's good, shame about the long trek through security though...

How do we all feel about the fast track not having its own channel? I have only made two trips through the new security hall but fast track is a longer walk and on one of the two trips we had to double back on ourselves into a channel closer to the entrance with no priority feed - so it would have been quicker to go round the long way. The second time I was walked to the belts past some of the queue but still behind a load of inexperienced people unpacking their bags. I'm not sure it is a true premium experience (though probably still better than T5!). OT, but T2 fast track is good though.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by wyvern
That's good, shame about the long trek through security though...

How do we all feel about the fast track not having its own channel? I have only made two trips through the new security hall but fast track is a longer walk and on one of the two trips we had to double back on ourselves into a channel closer to the entrance with no priority feed - so it would have been quicker to go round the long way. The second time I was walked to the belts past some of the queue but still behind a load of inexperienced people unpacking their bags. I'm not sure it is a true premium experience (though probably still better than T5!). OT, but T2 fast track is good though.
I genuinely don't understand the new EDI Security set up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.