Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Children's meal in CE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Just on the subject of children’s meals.

Iv always had success having a quiet work with the crew after boarding and they have always been good as gold at removing anothing from the trays that “aren’t required”

seapping fruit shoot for a glass of milk etc so it’s not seen

cs
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
How does one manage a vegetarian child/ren? It's hard enough at UK pubs / fast food. You are lucky if there is 1 vege kids option.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by FamilyOf6
How does one manage a vegetarian child/ren? It's hard enough at UK pubs / fast food. You are lucky if there is 1 vege kids option.
My wife's vegan sister and vegan brother-in-law manage a vegan child and it's a mixture of eating food at home, bringing food with you, eating at restaurants that have good vegan options, and (very occasionally) eating at restaurants where the vegan options are mainly junk food. They live in the UK and insist it's easier to eat in restaurants as vegans there than in the US.

Come to think of it, I have a friend out East whose son opted to be a vegan at the age of 7 or so and she brings food for him that he either eats in the car before going into the restaurant, or in the restaurant, depending on where they stand on children's meals.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by FamilyOf6
Why can't they just eat the adult vegetarian/vegan option? What is the difference between (e.g.) a spinach pasta and a children's spinach pasta?

​​​​
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Deltus
Why can't they just eat the adult vegetarian/vegan option? What is the difference between (e.g.) a spinach pasta and a children's spinach pasta?

​​​​
It's a good point... I know that you only list spinach as an example, it's slightly less appealing to kids than the staples of cheese/tomato pasta... Just slightly more "grown up" I guess.

We've not suffered this first hand yet- we're likely to travel in Y mostly and shorthaul next year, so we'll bring our own. However, when we fly to Aus, bringing enough for 4 kids on a flight for 20 hours in unrealistic. They'll have to have the adult special.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Does anyone know what the standard ex-LHR Club World kids meal is now?

Thanks
We went to HK in Feb in CW, I think our son got tomato and mozzarella for starter (he didn’t eat that, don’t think many 3-year-old would eat that), chicken goujons and mash potato for main and chocolate mousse for pudding. I have to say I probably would have all the dishes as my meal.

We came back from Toyko in First, his meal wasn’t as good as the one he got from CW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.