Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL and getting Hilton Diamond card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Thanks for the reminder, checked my Hilton status and it was showing Silver, just called GGL and they will drop an email to Hilton to change it to Diamond.

So I have question, why can BA IT and Hilton IT not run a simple query and be proactive about automatically send interface messages to get the status updated to Diamond to reflect the BA GGL status.

I got got caught out last year, I made a booking with Hilton as Diamond member, a month later showed up at Checkin and was welcomed as a Silver Member. 😟

Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:06 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by BAEC
So I have question, why can BA IT and Hilton IT not run a simple query and be proactive about automatically send interface messages to get the status updated to Diamond to reflect the BA GGL status.
Good one haha. These 2 can't get their IT systems to talk internally let alone with an external partner hence the continued use of the spreadsheet!
golfmad and teledude like this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Beano HK

Good one haha. These 2 can't get their IT systems to talk internally let alone with an external partner hence the continued use of the spreadsheet!
God bless the XLS. :-)
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I just suspect there’s no business case even for the simplest of integrations which of course nowadays might need to be compliant for sharing of personal information etc. Just guessing here. However I’ve never had a problem with getting HH Diamond renewed quickly every year by the GGL team. It’s a very useful perk for me.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
However I’ve never had a problem with getting HH Diamond renewed quickly every year by the GGL team. It’s a very useful perk for me.
Same here .... never been a problem getting HH Diamond renewed by GGL Team ... Just a slight nuisance to remember to do it .... And yes a very useful perk ... recent stays ... Madrid Airport, New Delhi NCR, Barcelona, Fresno, Phoenix, Bucharest, Ankara, Luton, Istanbul, Berlin, Singapore, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Frankfurt Airport, Cologne ....
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, CR
I know it’s my own fault for not setting a reminder but it is mildly annoying. I stay at the Hilton Nicosia once a month and got caught out last month - I didn’t lose anything from it as the receptionist upgraded me anyway.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:59 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I just suspect there’s no business case even for the simplest of integrations which of course nowadays might need to be compliant for sharing of personal information etc. Just guessing here. However I’ve never had a problem with getting HH Diamond renewed quickly every year by the GGL team. It’s a very useful perk for me.
I hadn't thought of all the data issues but suspect you may be on the right track. I do recall vaguely a conversation with someone higher up in BA at the launch of something who said given the relative lack of GGLs who avail themselves of the perk it wasn't worth programming hence the continued use of XLS. This was some 5-6 years or so ago though.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
DATA POINT: I emailed You First with my request. It took them 48 hours to respond and they came back asking for account validation information. Once that had been provided (same day) they responded to say they had put in a request to Hilton. That was on Wednesday 20th Feb and today (Wednesday 27th Feb) my husband's HH account was showing Diamond status.
Tobias-UK and Lefly like this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
I have never had to ask for my diamond to be renewed and I am in the 3rd year?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by IThink
I have never had to ask for my diamond to be renewed and I am in the 3rd year?
Mine seems to have auto-renewed as well (I would have been Gold based on 2018 stays).
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Mine seems to have auto-renewed as well (I would have been Gold based on 2018 stays).
Well, that'll teach me.

Logged into Hilton and it was now showing that I will drop to Silver on April 1st (despite making at least 23 stays last year, so that appears incorrect even if I am dropping).

Emailed GGL who have said they've put the request into Hilton - this was a week ago. Anyone else have a data point on how long the process takes at the moment? I have a long stay starting on the 6th April with the kids and I need to be Diamond before check in.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Anyone else have a data point on how long the process takes at the moment? I have a long stay starting on the 6th April with the kids and I need to be Diamond before check in.
The post three above yours - which is only from a couple of weeks ago - suggests it's quite quick. I've never had to do it so I can't comment.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
The post three above yours - which is only from a couple of weeks ago - suggests it's quite quick. I've never had to do it so I can't comment.
I did see that one - I was just interested if anyone else had seen the same time frame lately or if that was a one-off?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
I did see that one - I was just interested if anyone else had seen the same time frame lately or if that was a one-off?
I have the same issue as you. I've not had to renew Hilton for the 4 years or so that I've been GGL after getting the initial Diamond Upgrade? I logged onto my Hilton account on 4th March, and saw I was going to be Silver on April 1st. I spoke to GGL, and they said they would contact Hilton to sort upgrade. My account status with Hilton has not updated as yet, so still silver from April 1st.
Wozza2404 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:01 am

So I've spoken to Hilton who advised me to ignore the online banner - they are showing my Diamond status being valid through March 2021.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.