Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL and getting Hilton Diamond card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Mine has still not been resolved for nearly 4 weeks... I'm waiting for the full month to elapse before pestering them.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: BA GGL
My experience has been as follows.....
Sunday/Monday of last week I exchanged a couple of emails with the GGL team. This morning (Weds) email from Hilton saying I have been upgraded to Diamond which is valid to end March 2019.
I am convinced there is a large element of luck involved in this process but am, obviously, very happy this time round.

Orbitmic I think you could pester after nearly 4 weeks as that seems a long time compared to my 9 days. I was going to give them a couple of weeks before a polite "excuse me.."
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, KLM Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Platinium
Originally Posted by Iamnotlost
My experience has been as follows.....
Sunday/Monday of last week I exchanged a couple of emails with the GGL team. This morning (Weds) email from Hilton saying I have been upgraded to Diamond which is valid to end March 2019.
I am convinced there is a large element of luck involved in this process but am, obviously, very happy this time round.

Orbitmic I think you could pester after nearly 4 weeks as that seems a long time compared to my 9 days. I was going to give them a couple of weeks before a polite "excuse me.."
Hi

i just became GGL, and one of the first BA email i received was a invitation to become hilton diamond.

i filled out the e-form and im now waiting... lets see
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by Alex3fr
Hi

i just became GGL, and one of the first BA email i received was a invitation to become hilton diamond.

i filled out the e-form and im now waiting... lets see
Congratulations on your GGLness. Enjoy!

I recall getting my initial Diamond card took a while (this was in Sept 2015) and I had to ask a couple of times. I was very pleasantly surprised this time round.

I probably only do about 8 nights a year in a Hilton - but as that is 8 nights more than I was doing before I think their marketing ploy has worked on me.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
One data point

Emailed GGL desk on Sat night and they replied they will send my name off to Hilton.

Checked Honors account today (Tuesday) and account was already upgraded to Diamond.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ermen
One data point

Emailed GGL desk on Sat night and they replied they will send my name off to Hilton.

Checked Honors account today (Tuesday) and account was already upgraded to Diamond.
Exactly the same. Spoke to GGL on Thursday. Just checked HH account and is back to Diamond. Bravo, GGL!
Filthy Monkey likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
How does this work with regards to getting status from May's outage?
I got 2 years extended GGL status from that so didn't really need to make a push this year (flew some other airlines, had to cancel some flights, rescheduled some for this year etc.).
Still Diamond according to the Hilton app, which I assume might last until the end of this month?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by xenole
How does this work with regards to getting status from May's outage?
I got 2 years extended GGL status from that so didn't really need to make a push this year (flew some other airlines, had to cancel some flights, rescheduled some for this year etc.).
Still Diamond according to the Hilton app, which I assume might last until the end of this month?
I wasn't affected by the outage in May and I get my Diamond status through stays not by using my GGL status but... wouldn't it work in exactly the same way for you as normal? If you're GGL and your Diamond status expires just contact the GGL line and they ought to renew it for you.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
I need to email GGL about getting diamond status. I am logged in but cannot see email contact details anywhere. Please could someone PM them to me. Many thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Newly Wed
I need to email GGL about getting diamond status. I am logged in but cannot see email contact details anywhere. Please could someone PM them to me. Many thanks.
I would recommend a phone call rather than email. Anecdotal evidence is that you need to go through several hoops now before the GGL team will respond to emails.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by Rubecula
I would recommend a phone call rather than email. Anecdotal evidence is that you need to go through several hoops now before the GGL team will respond to emails.
Not my experience at all.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by AdBoy

Please could you let me know which email address you use. Thx.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:34 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Please could you let me know which email address you use. Thx.
Call them, it is a quick and simple task. They will also provide you with their email address.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:41 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by AdBoy

Me neither. For non-urgent correspondence and requests I have found the email method quite efficient.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Rubecula
As a data point, calling also worked for me re Hilton. I made the request and my existing Hilton account was upgraded within a day or two.

Have only emailed GGL once, but I didn't hear from anybody within 24 hours so decided to call instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.