Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Examples of Gold treatment in Y?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: BA GOLD, Tufty Club, Virgin Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, ICH Platinum Ambassador. MAS Gold
I regularly have the red carpet rolled out to my seat and a scattering of rose petals to accompany it and a large G&T following swiftly behind.

Anything less and a compensation claim goes in
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:44 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Having flown many First sectors on BA (triple figures) I've never observed or heard anything close to that.
It's LIN though, "only" CE

(But I agree, I've never observed or heard anything close to that either, even "right down the back".)

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
On CX I was treated like their most important passenger on a 3.5 hour shortfall flight, with a visit from the CC maybe every 5 minutes.
Pretty much the norm in CX F. I find it's not the norm in C, even if it's the highest cabin, though.

My last flight on AA, the single CC member hardly left my side! But BA, no...
I think the balance is not easy to strike though.

On BA sometimes there is too little crew presence, but I would find a visit every 5 min or 'hardly left my side' rather bothersome, unless I'm interacting with them or I want something.

On JL, they used to do a huge level of pandering to their own status members to the substantial detriment of others but it's got much better now.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Nov 19, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Hilarious? Really??
I have to confess that the "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells' element in a few of the posts on that thread had me laughing out loud. So much so that I'm still not certain they were actually serious comments.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by Palmer
She offered a Daily Mail as a small token of her appreciation.
What did you do to deserve that - throw up on her?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
A friend of mine who is a steward on board BA long haul flight told me:

'At the end of the day as a Gold Card holder we have always been taught that Gold Card holders get whatever they want.... there is never a no answer to be given to a gold card holder.'
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:19 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
'At the end of the day as a Gold Card holder we have always been taught that Gold Card holders get whatever they want.... there is never a no answer to be given to a gold card holder.'
If this is the case, it certainly doesn't help with the DYKWIA problem...Golds would start to believe that they can do or ask for whatever they please.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:39 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
A friend of mine who is a steward on board BA long haul flight told me:

Though it begs the question: Do the crew even know that you're a gold card holder unless you wave the card around in front of their faces?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:42 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pokfur
Though it begs the question: Do the crew even know that you're a gold card holder unless you wave the card around in front of their faces?
What do you think that the bag tags are for?! I've seen them attached to normal womens' handbags before!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC
I dunno what your problem is, Hiddy, but I usually make a good effort to establish raport with the crew as soon as I sit down. It can only help to make the flight more comfortable.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:23 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by visit14
Counter thread: Examples of Blue/Bronze treatment in F/J?

Example on a recent LIN-LHR: 2C wanted a second go at the bread basket - denied, not policy, etc. Moments later 2D, a high status PAX, was asked if everything OK, another drink, MORE BREAD? 2C fuming.

Me in 3D, don't eat bread (also don't have status anymore)

That is bizzare. We don't always have a lot of extra bread nowadays but if we do have enough we should be offering more and especially if someone asks for more. Obviously if not all passengers have yet been served their meal, we would wait untill all had had a chance to take some bread first before offering others a second.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:37 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Cymro
I had something similar in CE from OSL to LHR on Sunday.

Choices were stuffed chicken pasta, Niçoise salad or some kind of fish steak. Gold card holder next to me was offered first choice of meal and the cabin crew member was very keen to ensure that he had his first choice (expressly said so while ignoring me). She then served some kids down the back, by which time the chicken had gone.

No complaints that status pax come first but the genuflection to status wasn't subtle and the catering choices were way off balance.
Actualy in CE, the service is from front to back, in seat row order. Cabin crew should not be flitting around picking out specific passengers. Status passengers do get the chance to choose the front row seats and therefore do generally benefit from first choice. Of course it would not be nice to be left out in a cabin like CE as everyone is sitting so close to each other and also uncomfortable for the status passenger that is receiving priority.

Even on longhaul, although status passengers are prioritised, the meal order should be taken row by row and then prioritised in the galley, for the same reason because prioritising people obviously infront of others is just not nice for those not prioritised.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Red face

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
It's LIN though, "only" CE

(But I agree, I've never observed or heard anything close to that either, even "right down the back".)...
Oops [blushing smiley ] - I read it as a First Class experience! I was jet-lagged at the time of reply, well just returned from trip

That's my excuse
Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by headingwest
What do you think that the bag tags are for?! I've seen them attached to normal womens' handbags before!
Pray tell, what is a normal woman?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:40 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Pretty constant in recent flights for me:

Long Haul:
- Welcome by the CSD.
- WT+ Headset and amenity kit (it worked, as I was aboard a 747)
- Asked if I needed anything
- Addition checks during the flight

But it's the interaction with the crew that seems to step up with this.

Short Haul:
- Nada, nothing. Not even any hay.

On AA - depends on the crew. I've had amenity kits on International legs and cocktails, whilst on domestic legs, I've had snackboxes and snacks.

Although I'd avoid the snackboxes for your personal sanity. I've never seen so many processed products in a box. And that includes the cheese.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Even on longhaul, although status passengers are prioritised, the meal order should be taken row by row and then prioritised in the galley, for the same reason because prioritising people obviously infront of others is just not nice for those not prioritised.
I agree with that. On some airlines it is so blatant that it worries people to the extent that they might not be given their meal at all as everyone seems to have been 'randomly' asked but not them. I feel for these passengers as it might be a bit disconcerting to them, especially if they haven't seen it before.

I'm glad BA do not make it so blatant. I occasionally see somewhat blatant prioritising but that's rather unusual and I know it isn't the SOP.

Pray tell, what is a normal woman?
That'd be some fascinating imaginary being

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.