Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

MIA - LHR via IAD today, need to change seats.

Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:23 am
Original Poster

We‘re flying this afternoon from MIA - LHR via Washington, economy on AA from MIA to IAD and then club world from IAD to LHR. 4 adults and 1 x toddler (2 yrs and 2 days).

The seats allocated to us from washington are on the upper deck, 52 D-K which I know most people would like but with a toddler are not going to work for us - the chance of her staying in her seat without someone next to her physically holding her down are next to nil !! My plan was to change to the lower deck middle seats at check in which worked perfectly for us on the way out.

Unfortunately (my fault completely) I messed up the on line check in and am now locked out and can only check in at Maimi later today. So, the question is, how am I most likely going to be able to get these seats switched to the lower deck ? at Miami ?? calling BA ?? (seem to remember they are locked out at T-24), or at Washington ?? Any advice gratefully received !

Last edited by janed9388; Nov 11, 2014 at 5:27 am Reason: spelling !
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Washington, either at the lounge/check-in, or more probably at the on boarding, unless the service is really empty just before departure. Just approach a staff member on board.

It's now under Airport Control and unless you have massive status I can't see a BAEC agent spending a long time tracking down the relevant IAD staff to make this change now. I can't see MIA staff being able to change it, however there is a very long term BA staff member in the oneworld lounge in MIA who may be able to help, if you are there after 14 hrs, she has a lot of contacts and favours to call in.

But having said that you may well have some plum seats for non status travellers without children so I suspect that with a bit of diplomacy you could do the swap on board, those middle seats are not popular except to those in the know like you. If you were really capitalist about it, you could probably sell off the rights to your existing seats!
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Thank for the response, I guess we‘ll just keep asking and keep our fingers crossed - I can‘t really believe they gave us those seats knowing how popular they are or that they thought they were a great idea for a 2 year old. If there is anyone on that flight (1830 ish from IAD) who would like those seats feel free to pm me to see what we can sort, I‘ll check my messages in the lounge - also, anyone already on upper deck - we‘ll do our absolute best to keep any disruption to an absolute minimum!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.