Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Fast Track Boarding Arrangements @ DUB - CE / Gold / Emerald Only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC CCR, BAEC Lifetime GGL, Hilton Hhonors Lifetime Diamond

Interesting change to boarding arrangements at DUB - initiated yesterday according to gate staff. Fast Track only available for Club Europe / Gold / Emerald Passengers. New signage as well.

Hope this photo link works? Apparently it has been instituted as the routes (LHR / LCY) are performing well and the Fast Track boarding including Bronze and Silver was lengthier than general boarding.

Last night the new LCY flight was completely full - despite BE and WX being on the route and it having started only over a week ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8oi2vq6cu1...0004.jpeg?dl=0
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds good. I hope they roll it out network wide as the advent of Bronze in particular has rendered Fastrack a joke on many many routes.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: BA GGL
Appreciate I’m risking the wrath of Silver and Bronze card holders, but this is very welcome and should be rolled out everywhere! ^ Unless, of course, I drop to silver, in which case Silver card holders should be allowed too
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Oh the snobbery of it all!

Although I've got to say...regarding Bronze, I'd probably have to agree.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Appreciate I’m risking the wrath of Silver and Bronze card holders, but this is very welcome and should be rolled out everywhere! ^ Unless, of course, I drop to silver, in which case Silver card holders should be allowed too
Personally I think it should be restricted to GGLs with CCR Card only
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:00 am

I can imagine a lot of angry DWKWIAs not liking this enhancement.

But it does make sense. Often the fast track line is longer, and opens the same time as general boarding. It really doesn't work that well.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I do hope once on board all those Golds in ET sit down a bit quicker. They have an annoying habit of faffing about in the aisle holding up the boarding of the non status passengers.
Quicker you sit on your backside the quicker the departure will be.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by headingwest
Oh the snobbery of it all!

Although I've got to say...regarding Bronze, I'd probably have to agree.
There is rarely more than a handful of Bronzes on a typical flight. Basically they don't fly that often, contrary to what some here seem to think. Their impact on Fast Track is negligible, apart from any psychological issues.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I would welcome this change, provided that Sapphires get boarded before normal economy passengers. At least on long haul flights.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Their impact on Fast Track is negligible, apart from any psychological issues.
You may well be right, but I didn't get that impression on a JFK-LHR flight in the summer...there seemed to be lots of them. Not that it really bothers me, I'm never in a great hurry.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Silver
I thought Emerald/Sapphire fast track boarding was a OW benefit: http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/oneworld-benefits
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Very good decision.

On the subject of DUB. The EI lounge no longer allow BA customers to bring in a guest. It is strictly card holder only.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by dcbfencing
I thought Emerald/Sapphire fast track boarding was a OW benefit: http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/oneworld-benefits
I agree with that and the rules should be applied over the whole alliance equally.
Whilst I do agree that gold only will speed up the process, if priority boarding is an advertised benefit of SCH/Sapphire it should be honoured. (I am not that biased as I am going to make Gold very soon ;-)
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Often the fast track line is longer, and opens the same time as general boarding. It really doesn't work that well.
Surely the answer is to hold back general boarding until fast track is clear
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I do hope once on board all those Golds in ET sit down a bit quicker. They have an annoying habit of faffing about in the aisle holding up the boarding of the non status passengers.
Quicker you sit on your backside the quicker the departure will be.
When was your most recent flight that this happened on?

In my experience its the people staring at their boarding passes every 3 rows, and who seem surprised that things like bags can't stay on seats that cause the delays

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.