Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Fast Track Boarding Arrangements @ DUB - CE / Gold / Emerald Only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Fast Track Boarding Arrangements @ DUB - CE / Gold / Emerald Only

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2014, 1:49 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B411 Safari/600.1.4)

Originally Posted by ECR
Originally Posted by father_ted
DUB very busy this morning... Interesting that the gate used for LCY services had a banner showing fast track for Gold only, whereas the LHR gate had an older standard banner inviting Silvers and Bronzes.
This seems to suggest that the Gold/Emerald only fast track just applies on the new Dublin route to/from London City rather than there being any change to the current arrangements on the Heathrow route.
Which is the case for all routes ex-LCY already, so that makes sense.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Originally Posted by ECR
This seems to suggest that the Gold/Emerald only fast track just applies on the new Dublin route to/from London City rather than there being any change to the current arrangements on the Heathrow route.
Yes, I was on one of the flights as well this morning and fast track was open to all the regulars.
Lately on my routes it seems that 30 to 40% of the passengers are allowed to use the fast track service, tend to kill the concept...
Old Nov 7, 2014, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by andset1191
Surprisingly, BA themselves don't fully agree. They state it is a published benefit, except at London City Airport. A sure fire breach of Oneworld T&Cs, but BA themselves exclude LCY, so why not DUB or indeed elsewhere.
Priority boarding for oneworld airlines is only a benefit for Emerald and Sapphire: http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/oneworld-benefits

BA extend priority boarding to Ruby as well (except LCY): http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...&link=main_nav

So BA are in breach of oneworld rules by not allowing Sapphire pax priority boarding at LCY.

The exclusion of LCY priority boarding for Ruby and Sapphire is a fairly new addition to the website.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
JL tend to divide priority boarding into subgroups for domestic, e.g. for Emerald and First, followed by Sapphire etc. It works very well.
Last few domestic JL flights I took only offered priority to F/J/Emerald. There was no priority for Sapphire. This was on the HND-ITM and ITM-NRT routes.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, Singapore
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
BA Singapore is normally pretty good. Because of the gate security, it's a bit mixed up once you're through security, but they police the fast track queue for security properly, and when they start boarding (after pre-boarding) they normally call First first. They also use two boarding bridges so it makes the process quite smooth too.

I can't remember the last time they didn't call for Fist first at Singapore.
My last 2 times on the BA 12 in May and July, were in the gates at the end of the C pier were screening is shared with about 4 gates - sorry forget the numbers - and they indeed called for First and business at the same time so with approximately 90 First and Business passengers and maybe 50 or so cardholders meant about 40% of the plane was trying to push through 60% of the plane. A complete shambles and when I think of Singapore who will walk you from the Private Room or bring you in a golf cart even in out stations, it lets down the fabulous BA brand.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Originally Posted by Genius1
Priority boarding for oneworld airlines is only a benefit for Emerald and Sapphire: http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/oneworld-benefits

BA extend priority boarding to Ruby as well (except LCY): http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...&link=main_nav

So BA are in breach of oneworld rules by not allowing Sapphire pax priority boarding at LCY.
^

Back in Australia on domestic flights, Qantas also only offers priority boarding to Emeralds. It's got me thinking that priority boarding for Sapphires is up to interpretation from airline to airline...
Old Nov 7, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
BA in Breach of "made up" rules..... Deep breath......

BA only fairly recently recognised Ruby, (bronze) (which I had when I was a lowly AA Gold).
So what is the sanction for BA deciding how best to manage boarding at LCY, DUB, and other out stations?
Nothing.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by perthflyer
^

Back in Australia on domestic flights, Qantas also only offers priority boarding to Emeralds.
They don't police it properly though, although the queue for priority boarding tends to be fairly short anyway.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 1:15 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by Genius1
Like it or not, Fast Track boarding is a published benefit for Gold, Silver and Bronze passengers, as well as First, Club and Business UK.

I agree that boarding should be done in three stages: First/Gold, Club/Business UK/Silver, Bronze, then all others.

But to deny any form of Fast Track boarding to Silver and Bronze passengers is wrong.
^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.