Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flights credited to wrong Avios number - what to do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

I just noticed that all my recent QR flights have been credited to the wrong BA Avios number (my travel agent made a mistake).

How do I get this fixed? I do not know if the wrong Avios number belongs to anyone. If I ask for retroactive credit in the online tool, I receive an error message (probably because the system thinks the flights were indeed credited).

Thoughts?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
I just noticed that all my recent QR flights have been credited to the wrong BA Avios number (my travel agent made a mistake).

How do I get this fixed? I do not know if the wrong Avios number belongs to anyone. If I ask for retroactive credit in the online tool, I receive an error message (probably because the system thinks the flights were indeed credited).

Thoughts?
If the travel agent made a mistake, then the travel agent should spend the time to correct the problem.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Might have been the travel agent, might have been my personal assistant, somewhere in the process. My question really is: Can BA Avios get it fixed, or is it a lost case because their/QRs systems will show the segments as credited?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:41 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
I had this recently when I enter my Avios.com number into a booking rather than BAEC. The outcome following a number of conversations was that nothing could be done, as avios.com can not remove miles once added, for them then to be added to BAEC, thus the Avios ended up in the wrong account and I lost the tier points.

However, (and this is where it helps you) BAEC advised that they DO have the facility to remove from one account and credit to another, even if Avios.com does not. I understand this is a fairly simple process for them.

hope this helps

Stuart
Old Nov 4, 2014, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by FastTrak2Elite
I had this recently when I enter my Avios.com number into a booking rather than BAEC. The outcome following a number of conversations was that nothing could be done, as avios.com can not remove miles once added, for them then to be added to BAEC, thus the Avios ended up in the wrong account and I lost the tier points.
I once had a flight uncredited from Avios.com with the help of BAEC (Nicci)...
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
I once had a flight uncredited from Avios.com with the help of BAEC (Nicci)...
Hmm, both parties were certain neither could do it. I would guess that it is now too far ahead to get this re-looked into? (Flight was back in March)
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
I just noticed that all my recent QR flights have been credited to the wrong BA Avios number.

<snip>

I do not know if the wrong Avios number belongs to anyone.
Just to clarify : can you see that these Avios have indeed been credited to this 'wrong' number, or could they be still floating as 'failed to credit' ?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by FastTrak2Elite
Hmm, both parties were certain neither could do it. I would guess that it is now too far ahead to get this re-looked into? (Flight was back in March)
In most cases in the Customer Services world, "can't" actually means "its too difficult or costly".
Old Nov 5, 2014, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic
In most cases in the Customer Services world, "can't" actually means "its too difficult or costly".
or "don't know how, so probably can't be done"
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:32 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Well in theory the miles can't be credited to the wrong account since Avios can't match your BP name to the wrong Avios name.

So the flights are not yet credited to anything. You can missing miles claim them.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:58 am

wrong account

I recently realized my earned Avios from the BA Visa card including signup bonus, spending bonus, and earnings from everyday purchases were not going into my BA Avios account. My CC statement showed what they deposited into the Avios account, but it was never reflected on the BA site. I thought there was just a delay in it showing up. The number Chase gave me is nothing like any other number I use. I am hoping it is a non-working number. 137K vs. 18K difference. Anyone want to predict how this might turn out ? Thank you.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by Jimintheusa
I recently realized my earned Avios from the BA Visa card including signup bonus, spending bonus, and earnings from everyday purchases were not going into my BA Avios account.
Have you changed your BAEC address to a new country recently by any chance? That will often chase this to happen (especially if they previously crediting properly, and have only begun to go missing after an address change).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.