LHR-SEA Menus

Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
LHR-SEA Menus

Good evening,
Anyone knowing anything about the menu on BA service from LHR-SEA in Club Class - in November 2014?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I'm fairly certain it will involve a "timbale" of something to start, accompanied by a dry salad with a small thimble of rancid dressing and a dessert on the same tray. When your three bite starter is finished, you will be offered a main with a market value of about 90p that tastes underwhelming at the price point.

Fortunately, service is generally good, the Champers is decent, and it's a pretty view over Canada.

Enjoy.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
Originally Posted by jmc1K
I'm fairly certain it will involve a "timbale" of something to start, accompanied by a dry salad with a small thimble of rancid dressing and a dessert on the same tray. When your three bite starter is finished, you will be offered a main with a market value of about 90p that tastes underwhelming at the price point.

Fortunately, service is generally good, the Champers is decent, and it's a pretty view over Canada.

Enjoy.
Hilarious
Old Nov 1, 2014, 6:36 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
These questions come up fairly regularly here. Why can't BA, and most other airlines publish their menus online? Did my first Emirates flight a couple of months ago and I was glad I could see what was available before the flight. They had all classes listed. Surely it can't be that hard to post them on BA.com?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:02 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
BA can't post their menus online because their J menus look like most airlines' W menus, and their F menus look like most airlines' J menus. They would lose business.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Starters
Severn and Wye Scottish Smoked Salmon marinated in lime, pickled ginger and coriander with yuzu sauce.
Channa Chaat with tamarind chutney, coconut and raita dressing.
Mains
Seared filled of beef, roast pumpkin, sugarsnap peas, chateau potatoes with a port, shallot and thyme sauce.
Corn fed chicken chicken with fine herb mash, carrots and mushroom sauce.
Fusilli pasta with char grilled yellow pepper, slow roasted tomatoes and a creamy plum tomato and pesto sauce.
Chilled main course salad of seared tiger prawns marinated in cherimoya spices on a olive, sultana and bulgar wheat salad.
Desert
Plum and almond tart with creme anglaise.
Cheese and biscuits.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprngli Connaisseur
FWIW, on LHR-SEA I've never had the dessert with the salad on the same plate. It's always:
  • Appetizer and salad
  • Main
  • Dessert

They've always brought out the tray with the appetizer and salad, and then left the tray between the rest of the courses. When they still had the chocolates on the tray, they would be there with the appetizer and salad.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correct, desserts are only on the trays on very short flights, some seem to see this as third world problem.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:03 am

Isn't it more of a third course sort of problem?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Clever. :
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: British Airways
<deleting out of date information>

Last edited by pancakex; Jan 17, 2022 at 11:18 pm Reason: <deleting out of date information>
Old Nov 10, 2014, 11:27 am

Nice pictures. I'll probably go for the chicken next week myself.

Anyone have any idea what the SEA-LHR menu is during November?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Correct, desserts are only on the trays on very short flights, some seem to see this as third world problem.
I hate being presented with the dessert at the same time as the starter, and having to look at it whilst eating the starter and main course.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.