Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Tier Points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
US Airways Tier Points

I'm booked in first class PHL to LAX. A quick look at the BA flights calculator says I'll get 210TP each way for this, and business is 70TP.

I'm wondering which of these applies to me, because I'm not sure this is specifically a first class seat, it's really business. Yet my boarding pass etc does say "first".

Thanks
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
You do get 210TP if you travel in the First cabin.... it is about all you get though, the rest of the journey is miserable.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jeffers
I'm booked in first class PHL to LAX. A quick look at the BA flights calculator says I'll get 210TP each way for this, and business is 70TP.

I'm wondering which of these applies to me, because I'm not sure this is specifically a first class seat, it's really business. Yet my boarding pass etc does say "first".

Thanks
PHL to LAX is around 2,400 miles, so over the 2,000 mile point to get more tier points. Any First booking class gets 210 TP, any Business booking class gets 140 TP. The 70 TP would be full Economy, reduced would be 35 TP.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
PHL to LAX on US is a two class A321; First (2-2) and Economy (3-3). There is no business class.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by jkw76
You do get 210TP if you travel in the First cabin.... it is about all you get though, the rest of the journey is miserable.
I travelled PHL-LAS-PHL in the summer with US in Y. Found it absolutely fine. Managed to bag the exit seat with nobody in front of me both times, which helped, but the OP is in F anyway.

Really liked the onboard wifi. Was able to work and the time went past quickly.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JesW
Really liked the onboard wifi. Was able to work and the time went past quickly.
+1 the WiFi was great, fast enough for me to listen to Spofity most of the way and keep up to date with football scores

The 210 points have credited for PHL-LAX. I presume I will get another 210 for the return.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)
Jeffers, did you book via ba.com or on US Airways own site?

I'll be flying LAS-PHL-DUB (in First and Business) esrly next year and am a bit confused about what I'll get in terms of TPs. I suspect that as I booked it on BA, I'll only get the 140 TPs for business each way, but would be very happy to be wrong!
Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:26 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zafiragirl
Jeffers, did you book via ba.com or on US Airways own site?

I'll be flying LAS-PHL-DUB (in First and Business) esrly next year and am a bit confused about what I'll get in terms of TPs. I suspect that as I booked it on BA, I'll only get the 140 TPs for business each way, but would be very happy to be wrong!
It doesn't matter so much how you booked, but it does matter what flight number and booking code you are booked under. You can book with ba and as long as the US/AA flight is booked under the US/AA flight number and you are in domestic first (so probably booking class A) then you will get the 60/210 TPs. If you book under the ba codeshare that is when you will get business class 40/140 TPs even though you will still be in the front cabin on the two class service.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 1:40 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
I have a related question. I need to fly Cancun - JFK next month, and can book either AA or US. AA is coming up, as I'd expect, as a 'Business class' flight and hence 40TP, but US is coming up as offering 'First.' Does that mean I'd get 60TP?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
I have a related question. I need to fly Cancun - JFK next month, and can book either AA or US. AA is coming up, as I'd expect, as a 'Business class' flight and hence 40TP, but US is coming up as offering 'First.' Does that mean I'd get 60TP?
As long as you fly before February 1st, yes. After Feb 1st., the US codes are changing to match AA.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by dylanks
As long as you fly before February 1st, yes. After Feb 1st., the US codes are changing to match AA.
Do you know if that means reduced tier points for discount economy will be coming in? I assume if it does then it doesn't matter if you've already booked it and the rules at the time it's credited are the ones that count?
Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by callum9999
Do you know if that means reduced tier points for discount economy will be coming in? I assume if it does then it doesn't matter if you've already booked it and the rules at the time it's credited are the ones that count?
The reduced rate TPs for discount economy will commence from 1 February on US. My suspicion is that if it is a legacy fare bucket not carried on after 1 February, then you will get the higher TPs. But if US/AA recycle the fare bucket after 1 February into discount economy, I would expect the reduced rate to end up on statements. Now you could kick up a fuss about it after the event, but that may or may not be successful.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The reduced rate TPs for discount economy will commence from 1 February on US. My suspicion is that if it is a legacy fare bucket not carried on after 1 February, then you will get the higher TPs. But if US/AA recycle the fare bucket after 1 February into discount economy, I would expect the reduced rate to end up on statements. Now you could kick up a fuss about it after the event, but that may or may not be successful.
Thanks. The fare I was looking at is an N fare which is a discounted economy fare in AA so I guess I'd be out of luck. Guess I'll just for the cheaper ones then.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold,, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jkw76
Having done this journey, I agree on both points. You do get 210 TP for First. But the First cabins on these planes are horrible and service is crap.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by blindy
Having done this journey, I agree on both points. You do get 210 TP for First. But the First cabins on these planes are horrible and service is crap.
Hey, blindy, lets get the priorities right. TPs first, then comfort

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.