Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Carlisle International [How can I earn Avios with Stobart?]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:56 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paulwuk
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_T

With NCL being 2hrs away by car (don't ask how long by train!), and MAN & GLA 3hrs, is whitehaven (WTH) as far away from a BA service as it's possible to be in England?

Compared with LEQ or IOS?
LEQ, lands end has Newquay which has BA service and must be less than a 2hr drive. No idea where IOS is.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tim_T
LEQ, lands end has Newquay which has BA service and must be less than a 2hr drive. No idea where IOS is.
You're a bit out of date there.

I guess IOS is in Cupertino?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:10 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Are you sure? Newquay airport live departures shows BA 6173 to Gatwick today at 11:05 . I know it will be a codeshare but it does have a BA flight number.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
IOS clearly refers to ISC !!!!!

And yes BA do codeshare on the flybe services via LGW.

Slightly OT but the flybe Manchester route now has AY and EY codeshares.

cs
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I knew this was coming. £3.95 for a cooked English breakfast. Though I don't know how Café Stobart makes money, it is nevertheless more expensive than CCR and somewhat less exclusive. Maybe an interesting place for the next Northern Do?
And they use Irish butter. Just wow!!

Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: ABBA
If we count code shares (do you earn tp on them?), then we still have the needles on the Isle of Wight, and Cromer in Norfolk
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I looked at the twice daily quasi-TATL from SEN to the USA via DUB using Air Stobart for the s/h. A regular train service from London Liverpool Street (or Southend-on-Sea or points between) direct to the airport is attractive. However, there has been local criticism of poor transport links for late arrivals, i.e. none other than taxi.

This is where the onsite parking would come into play, I suppose.

One new service not mentioned above is SEN-CAX. Stobart own both airports so can control costs and with a £3.95 English breakfast, this opens up an alternative to London Airways.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by paulwuk
If we count code shares (do you earn tp on them?), then we still have the needles on the Isle of Wight, and Cromer in Norfolk
If the flight is operated with a BA code, and you book the flight under the BA code, you get tier points, regardless of who operates the flight.

Booking any Aer Lingus (or Aer Lingus Regional) flight under its EI code, however, will never earn Tier Points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.