Search

Will BA check my bags through?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, GM; HHonors, Gold
Will BA check my bags through?

Good Morning,

I booked an award flight from LHR to JFK in first for April. We are actually going to be in Barcelona but award seats for the BCN-LHR leg were not available, so I separately booked and paid for one-way BCN-LHR seats on BA (coach). Upon checking in at BCN will they check our bags through to JFK or will we have to retrieve them LHR and recheck? Thank you!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:56 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Yes assuming you have at least the minimum connection time at LHR. BA will check through on separate tickets to BA/oneworld partner airlines.

Same as my response in your previous thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...onnection.html

Last edited by nux; Oct 24, 2014 at 3:03 am
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
So long as you have allowed more than 90 minutes for the LHR turnaround then you should be able to through check luggage without needing to recheck. Otherwise you would need to allow 3 hours or so to reclaim in T3 and go landside to T5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.