LAX One World Business Lounge - Bedlam

Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

LAX One World Business Lounge - Bedlam

Hmm less than impressed with the One World Business lounge in LAX. Jam packed full and difficult to find a seat. No separate lounge for First Class, apparently the First Class lounge will be ready in December. Considering, LAX is one of BA's flagship destinations - the lounge experience is rubbish.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:30 pm

Location: Usually LAX or SFO but sometimes MIA in the winter or LCY or PVK in the summer and every now and then SIN or SGN
Programs: in ASM, APL & C++ but never Java
Sad but true. I've always been disappointed by the LAX lounge, and the old LAX first lounge was just as bad. Seattle is my new favorite simply for the amazing cocktails Jose the bartender mixes
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by scillyisles
Hmm less than impressed with the One World Business lounge in LAX. Jam packed full and difficult to find a seat. No separate lounge for First Class, apparently the First Class lounge will be ready in December. Considering, LAX is one of BA's flagship destinations - the lounge experience is rubbish.
Sounds like the J lounge at LGW!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Used the lounge last month and although much better than the old one it does have capacity problems at peak times. The major issue seems to be 3 Australian flights to SYD, MEL & BNE all leaving around the same time or shortly after the 21.45 BA268 to LHR. When we arrived in the lounge it was extremely quiet then over the next half hour it started to fill up until there was hardly a seat to be found and food was disappearing as quickly as it was put out.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:27 am

Programs: BA Silver
Lounges have long been one of LAX's weak points. (Let's not go into the others. It would take too long). Erratic supply of papers & magazines, unappealing food offerings, impossibly slow wi-fi. With the exception of the OK showers it was a dreary place. This matters at LAX because with the unpredictable freeway traffic it's not an airport where you can minimise your time there by arriving just in time for your flight. Am looking forward to trying the new F lounge. (The old First lounge always seemed to me identical to the business side but with a separate entrance). And it should help to resolve the capacity issue highlighted by OP, as the current lounge is temporarily serving both J and F.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
I find the LAX lounge situation most unenjoyable. In fact, I think it's better to stay landside as long as possible there generally. The entire airside area is pretty poor.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Have you guys saying the airside is poor been to the new Tom Bradley terminal; its gorgeous. There is a great bar there on the mezzanine level. Must admit the new one world lounge hadn't opened when I passed through; had had high hopes for it
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:57 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Cradders
I find the LAX lounge situation most unenjoyable. In fact, I think it's better to stay landside as long as possible there generally. The entire airside area is pretty poor.
That used to be the case, but the new TBIT is very nice, with a few excellent dining options.

I have hope that once the new F lounge is finished and they finish other parts of the terminal, that LAX will go from one of the worst to one of the best options. I care only because it's my easiest option for traveling to Asia.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:50 am

Last edited by adrianjc32; Apr 2, 2017 at 5:51 am
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC (blue), HHonors (gold), Marriot (gold), Hertz/ Avis (PC)
Originally Posted by fripperies
<snip>impossibly slow wi-fi<snip>
Was there at the beginning of the month and the wi-fi was fantastic. Lounge was reasonably busy as well (maybe 80% seats full)
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Have you guys saying the airside is poor been to the new Tom Bradley terminal; its gorgeous. There is a great bar there on the mezzanine level. Must admit the new one world lounge hadn't opened when I passed through; had had high hopes for it
Agreed, the public areas are now stylish and light with a good sense of space. Finally a building that feels worthy of the eponymous mayor. But I only passed through en route to the lounge which is what the first post and my reply are referring to.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Interesting comments. I was last there about 18 months ago when the new terminal was being constructed still. It's good to hear it's an improvement. Hopefully the First Class lounge will be completed (and good!) next time I visit. Actually, I stopped using LAX for long haul because it was so poor (which is more practical than it sounds because of the nature of my work travel) - maybe I should give it another go.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:45 pm
Gaz

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Gold
New lounge is an absolute disaster in terms of capacity problems. Utterly unusable. The first class section should help when it opens, although there are lots of OWEs flying out of LAX and the F section of the old lounge was always quite busy too.

Pro tip: Priority Pass, KAL Lounge, next door.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:16 pm

stupid oneworld policy that allows economy passengers with high elite status access to first class lounges - insane! makes the airport first lounge like a public bus.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 12:08 am

Location: Usually LAX or SFO but sometimes MIA in the winter or LCY or PVK in the summer and every now and then SIN or SGN
Programs: in ASM, APL & C++ but never Java
Have to agree the terminal "refresh" was very well done with some great dining options, and even the arrivals/immigration area is pretty impressive compared to the days of old. I'll be there again ~4 weeks from now so hopefully the lounges have been sorted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.