Search

Seat selection as Oneworld Sapphire

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:17 am
Used to be guidogh
Original Poster

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
Seat selection as Oneworld Sapphire

I booked a flight and added my Air Berlin Sapphire status number later.
Does this entitle me for free seat selection? If I check on the BA site it still says I have to pay if I want to choose my seat. Does it need some time for the systems to update, or is free seating only for BA Sapphire?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:36 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Yes oneworld Sapphire/Emerald entitles you to free seat selection. If it still asks you to pay online you may need to call BA.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:50 am

You can update your FF number at rj.com in manage my booking and then you should be able to select seats at ba.com for free.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Marriott Gold.
This week I had a situation where Mrs DT's blue card had registered on both our passenger information - even though my bronze had already populated at the booking stage. This meant I could not pre-select the week before and had to call them to rectify. The agent seemed to think it was a new bug in the system as it took about 30 minutes to correct.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:20 am
Used to be guidogh
Original Poster

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
It worked! Thanks for the great advice...
RJ.com did the trick..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.