Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye to converted seating on Shorthaul

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Goodbye to converted seating on Shorthaul

I'm sure we all know that the converter seats are on their way out. At too a quicker pace some of you may think too!

However, from 26th October the remaining unrefreshed aircraft with converter seats will constantly remain in a Domestic configuration and not be converted. This is to 'standardize' the seating with the rest of the fleet and to avoid unnecessary delays when these seats get jammed, as they often do.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
You mean just LGW A320s? Or they are cutting the LHR refurb? I dont quite understand which aircraft are now being left with the old converters...
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:42 am

What effect will this have on the "CE-lite" you used to get in the first row of Y on the left-hand side (immediately behind the curtain)? Will seats A, B and C all be sold?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Mattyb44
You mean just LGW A320s? Or they are cutting the LHR refurb? I dont quite understand which aircraft are now being left with the old converters...
He means until the aircraft are enhanced they'll be introducing the temporary enhancement of not bothering to convert the remaining converters into CE config.

Does this include the 767? Also will the bmi seats still have the armrests adjusted in order to make those seats wider?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
If BA are wanting to standardize the seating within the unrefreshed fleet, they'll need to rip the seat covers off the backs of the seats so they are consistent with the one in front of me on plane I flew a couple of months back?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
What effect will this have on the "CE-lite" you used to get in the first row of Y on the left-hand side (immediately behind the curtain)? Will seats A, B and C all be sold?
Of course. They do that already with aircraft without convertible seating so why wouldn't they do this on all of them?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Mattyb44
I think TCX69 means that aircraft that still have convertible seats will have them permanently left at 3-3 irrespective of whether they're being used for CE.

One question: Presumably this is only on mainline and not on Comair?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by layz
He means until the aircraft are enhanced they'll be introducing the temporary enhancement of not bothering to convert the remaining converters into CE config.

Does this include the 767?
Thanks! I see that now you made it crystal clear. I am having a slow day...
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I think TCX69 means that aircraft that still have convertible seats will have them permanently left at 3-3 irrespective of whether they're being used for CE.

One question: Presumably this is only on mainline and not on Comair?
Gotcha!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by layz
Of course. They do that already with aircraft without convertible seating so why wouldn't they do this on all of them?
I thought there were some aircraft types where not all seats were sold due to crew levels, but I could be mistaken.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I thought there were some aircraft types where not all seats were sold due to crew levels, but I could be mistaken.
That would be the LGW 737s, and effectively the generous spacing on the E190. Also some CE staffing restrictions may lead to empty seats on any aircraft.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah I see what you mean. That's only the 737's in the BA fleet. I believe the seats have to be physically unusable rather than just unsold. That's why BA have the first few rows of seats converted on the ABC side even on a domestic 737. I assume this will still remain the case. Would this mean the odd situation on the LGW fleet where if there's a big CE cabin the mandatory rows will have the increased CE width but they won't bother to convert the rest of the cabin?

Lufthansa on the A321's block a few middle seats with screwed in tables to keep the seat count under 200.

Do the BA enhanced A321's have some seats with a permanent table to keep the seat count under 200?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by TCX69
I'm sure we all know that the converter seats are on their way out. At too a quicker pace some of you may think too!

However, from 26th October the remaining unrefreshed aircraft with converter seats will constantly remain in a Domestic configuration and not be converted. This is to 'standardize' the seating with the rest of the fleet and to avoid unnecessary delays when these seats get jammed, as they often do.
The end of some very happy travels. I'm afraid a salad and a glass of bubbles will not be enough to entice my credit card from Y or a direct LCC.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Will BA get rid of the photos of the converted seating on their website? They are still using it to sell CE...
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:37 am

Yes it willl have the effect you have mentioned I am afraid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.