FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   LHR Flight Disruption 21 Oct 14 - Gonzalo affecting flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1622027-lhr-flight-disruption-21-oct-14-gonzalo-affecting-flights.html)

Tobias-UK Oct 20, 2014 12:36 pm

LHR Flight Disruption 21 Oct 14 - Gonzalo affecting flights

Heads up for anyone travelling Tuesday 21 October, BA have started to cancel a number of flight scheduled to depart Tuesday. My wife is travelling to join me in LAS tomorrow and already 3 MAN flights are cancelled. A curosry galnce at ba.com shoes other cancellations.

Get those contingency plans in to place!

corporate-wage-slave Oct 20, 2014 12:47 pm

NCL, EDI, BHD have all had a couple of cancellations too, with one out of ABZ and LBA. GLA not so far affected.

However the last flight out of NCL tomorrow is 15:50 and LBA is 14:45. I'm grounded anyway so I'm not affected, but I'd be pleased to avoid any late PM flights tomorrow (especially landing into LCY!)

Tobias-UK Oct 20, 2014 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 23706432)
Heads up for anyone travelling Tuesday 21 October, BA have started to cancel a number of flight scheduled to depart Tuesday. My wife is travelling to join me in LAS tomorrow and already 3 MAN flights are cancelled. A curosry galnce at ba.com shoes other cancellations.

Get those contingency plans in to place!

I really must stop posting from an iPhone!

dutch_122 Oct 20, 2014 12:52 pm

Rotterdam - BA415 cancelled

Amsterdam - BA433 cancelled

Sigwx Oct 20, 2014 1:18 pm

All operators are required to reduce schedules by 10 PC.

ALL OPERATORS WITHIN THE DEMAND VERSUS CAPACITY FRAMEWORK ARE REQUIRED
TO REDUCE THEIR SCHEDULE BY TEN (10)PERCENT DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER FORECAST.........l
Worst disruption predicted around 0930L onwards due to winds. As it stands the forecast gives a 30pc chance of surface gusts up to 38kts, but more or less 'down the strip'. Otherwise sustained winds rain and drizzle with associated cloud.

So nothing too dramatic. But this is LHR.......

Tobias-UK Oct 20, 2014 1:30 pm

ba.com has now been updated:

Storms and high winds across the UK and Northern Europe - Tuesday 21 October

kaerast Oct 20, 2014 1:38 pm

AccuWeather has a graphic suggesting it'll be reaching South Europe and be weakened by Wednesday, so hopefully things will get back to normal Thursday/Friday.

FlyingScientist Oct 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Lufthansa has cancelled 95% at LHR. :D

Thdw Oct 20, 2014 3:16 pm

BA0487 BCN/LHR also cancelled tomorrow, presumably for the same reasons.

The BA system autobooked me on to a later flight to LGW,which unfortunately would not get me to Paddington in time for the last train home. I spent quite some time on hold to BA before my phone battery ran out.

With many thanks to all Flyertalkers, I have just finished on the phone to BA on their US number via Skype. I would not have known to do this were it not for Flyertalk (the UK number simply states "this line is now closed").

I have been rebooked - at my choice - to a flight leaving BCN an hour earlier but landing at LHR. Good result.

Thdw Oct 20, 2014 3:39 pm

Too quick to praise - the agent advised me to go to BA.com to accept the new itinerary and check in. When I try, it offers the message "Change booking error - sorry, your booking has failed. We regret it has not been possible to update your booking. Your booking has not been changed. Please contact your booking agent."

This was a corporate booking, which I upgraded to CE online yesterday. The BA agent I spoke to knew this and said it was fine.

Any previous experience of this?

Thdw Oct 20, 2014 3:58 pm

A final update - my problem seems to have been a website bug.

I thought it might be worth trying the BA app, which showed my new flight just fine, allowed me to check in, choose a seat and retrieve a mobile boarding pass. All seems fine; the only difference is I'm now in 6D rather than 1C but I'll theoretically be home in time for a fish and chip dinner :-)

kanderson1965 Oct 20, 2014 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Thdw (Post 23707566)
A final update - my problem seems to have been a website bug.

I thought it might be worth trying the BA app, which showed my new flight just fine, allowed me to check in, choose a seat and retrieve a mobile boarding pass. All seems fine; the only difference is I'm now in 6D rather than 1C but I'll theoretically be home in time for a fish and chip dinner :-)

Glad to hear you're all sorted, safe travels everyone tomorrow.

morges1 Oct 20, 2014 5:05 pm

BA0734 LHR GVA 15:10 21 Oct - Cancelled

BA0736 LHR GVA 17:40 21 Oct - Cancelled

Glad I'm in Mexico - but we did go the scenic route yesterday to avoid Gonzalo. Great views of southern Greenland!