To see ourselves...

Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Of dear, how did this awful thread get to so many posts??!!

I feel some explanation is in order- I am not the hero of the above story, far from it.
She isn't all she seems. People are getting close, but we were on a gatwick flight (purser) at the weekend (reasonable to assume from the number of people going on holiday? Maybe). A commuter? LGW? At the weekend? Possible, but...

Taking your shoes off? Naughty! Shoes AND socks? Must be a metaphor!

I was just having a bit of fun and trying to suggest we are all companions on occasion, none of us whiter than white (even the captain was in a slight huff!) read it however you like and it makes me happy that a few folk have posted such nice comments about a short piece I thought about for a while before I typed up.

I like to think that we have one if the best corners of the internet here!
Ok now I'm confused.

So who's who and what actually happened?

Was your descriptive language of "her" deliberately provocative? ( I hope so because I picked up on that - and got told off for doing so!)

I'm rubbish at cryptic crosswords too.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by stevie
You and the DYKWIA woman are made for each other pal.
i'll let the mods deal with this
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Amex Prem, BA Amex Business, Amex Platinum, Coutts Silk, Hilton Diamond etc.
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I've always considered the internet to be circular.
This!! x1,000.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: AMEX PP;BAEC Bronze;Tesco CC Preferred;
Brilliant post by the OP: lovely to read such a delightfully written piece, and all credit to him for such tolerance and empathy. ^
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GSTBK
You don't know the background of the child. They may have had learning disabilities etc.
Nor do we know the background of the woman. She may have been very anxious to get somewhere on time, had a tight connection, etc.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by muscat
i'll let the mods deal with this
Why? Just to clarify I am sure the woman in a hurry in the front row exactly thought the same, to force the child onto the plane by dragging her/him, and then strapping said child into a seat. So you both might be well suited. I will leave it at that.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I've always considered the internet to be circular.
The internet is merely a floating cloud of cyberness

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.