Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Partner Card soft landing ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)

I was always under the impression that a Gold Partner card was not eligible for a silver soft landing. However Mrs O has just had such a thing (certainly nowhere near silver on her account)

Have I misunderstood the regs, have they changed, or has someone made an error in our favour.

Also means I have an extra partner silver to assign this year
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard

As far as I know / assumed, a Gold partner card is treated like any other Gold card and thus would expect there to be a soft landing?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: GGLfL
There is supposed to be no soft landing, ie she should revert to whatever tier she should have been on, after completion of this membership year, had she not had the Gold partner card.

It wouldn't surprise me if the systems couldn't handle such a thing.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Mrs.TT1F had a soft landing to silver earlier this year - until I bumped her back up.. I didn't realise it was meant to be any different..
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
I think this has been mentioned before that even though they should drop down to their original tier, the reality is the IT system wouldn't do this.

I thought the question the OP was going to ask is if a GGL could use the partner card to award themselves to retain Gold if they didn't achieve 1500 TPs. Which I think the answer is no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.