Wiki Posts
Search

Leeds/Leeds Castle (different)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC silver
Leeds/Leeds Castle (different)

Email from James Hillier et al this morning saying enjoy a two night break in Leeds. "Discover the beautiful scenery of the Yorkshire Dales"... Accompanied by a photo of Leeds castle in...Kent. Geography lesson needed?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's face it, Leeds is not photogenic so logical to pick something more appealing.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Let's face it, Leeds is not photogenic so logical to pick something more appealing.
Well they could have shown something more accurate such as "the beautiful scenery of the Yorkshire Dales" or a picture of an almost empty aircraft
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
A year or so when Darwin Airline had just started, among other routes, Cambridge-Amsterdam and Cambridge-Paris, their inflight magazine had an article about each new destination.

The article for Cambridge was illustrated by a picture and discussion of "Harvard Square, the main shopping area of Cambridge".

Yes, of Cambridge, but in Massachusetts.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Our beaches in Northumberland are so enchanting that they get used by Canadian tourist organisations for landlocked provinces. Funnily enough I've never seen Washington DC ever get photographically mixed up with the original one in Tyne and Wear. Or indeed the New York just off the A19.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:06 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Good to see someone within BA Highlife has a sense of humour!
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I have yet to receive the email, but am readying the old fountain pen for my "Disgusted of Leeds" letter in complaint.

I think that is a rather dumb comment Swanhunter.

Last edited by KARFA; Oct 16, 2014 at 3:11 am
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:57 am

No wonder passengers for granada end up in Grenada...
Old Oct 16, 2014, 4:37 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Reminds me of a story a while ago when a mother and daughter managed to get cheap tickets to Sydney...

Nova Scotia, not Australia
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:50 am

There's also this one.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
I have yet to receive the email, but am readying the old fountain pen for my "Disgusted of Leeds" letter in complaint.

Small town near Huddersfield
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I guess Skipton Castle is close by.

I would be more concerned about how bloody far the City is from the airport were I planning a City Break in Leeds.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:05 am

Seemed like just a witty comment to me. I don't think that he intended to offend the entire population of Leeds, although it sounds like he may have done anyway.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SteveF
Seemed like just a witty comment to me. I don't think that he intended to offend the entire population of Leeds, although it sounds like he may have done anyway.
The fact there is no tongue-in-cheek simley would suggest there is less intention to be witty than you are trying to suggest.

I don't think insulting where people grow up and live is particularly witty. I don't do it to others and I would hope others would apply the same.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:21 am

The fact there is no tongue-in-cheek simley would suggest there is less intention to be witty than you are trying to suggest.

I don't think insulting where people grow up and live is particularly witty. I don't do it to others and I would hope others would apply the same.
Try being born and raised in Essex and you'd develop a much thicker skin .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.