Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lloyds Avios rewards card upgrade voucher: what can I do with it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios rewards card upgrade voucher: what can I do with it?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Off course, it's quite clear...you have 12 months to make a booking within the next 12 months. (Or use it next week if you want.)
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
Not sure, there's nothing in the T&Cs excluding it, and vouchers are non-refundable so I don't see why not. Have you tried doing a dummy booking on the Avios site for a flight after your expiry date to see if it lets you get as far as the payment screens?

When i used my voucher, the discount was applied at the checkout and then all mention of the voucher disappears. After booking, there is no mention of the booking or Avios voucher on the avios.com site and nothing voucher related on the BA site if you type in the booking reference, so that makes me think it should be possible.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:45 pm

Just wondering if anyone has managed/tried this:

Flight I want is currently showing availability in WT+ (at WT avios pricing)

If I go ahead and book that (using the voucher), am I able to upgrade later on if CW availability opens up? And be charged WT+ Avios instead? Or is the voucher strictly a one-time use thing?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
Originally Posted by Virazuno
Just wondering if anyone has managed/tried this:

Flight I want is currently showing availability in WT+ (at WT avios pricing)

If I go ahead and book that (using the voucher), am I able to upgrade later on if CW availability opens up? And be charged WT+ Avios instead? Or is the voucher strictly a one-time use thing?
Afraid not... if you book WT+ using the voucher, you will only pay WT Avios. Avios bookings cannot be upgraded later and your voucher will have already been used.

In the Lloyds T&C it says:
  1. Upgrade vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
I'm assuming this means you won't be able to cancel your booking and have the voucher returned but i'm not 100%. Otherwise an option could be to cancel your journey and re-book it in CW.

Last edited by email2markt; Feb 17, 2018 at 4:53 pm Reason: potentially incorrect advice
Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by email2markt
Afraid not... if you book WT+ using the voucher, you will only pay WT Avios. Avios bookings cannot be upgraded later and your voucher will have already been used.
I think they would be upgradeable...but they might not necessarily give the discounted price a second time around (i.e. charge CW price rather than WT+ price).

I'm going to call them and ask them tomorrow!
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:01 am

Has anyone got any recent experience of using the upgrade voucher on routes flown with the mid haul a321? Was thinking of using my upgrade voucher on LHR-TLV on a flight that uses the 2 class a321 - has anyone got away with paying the economy price for business seats seeing as there's no WT+?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lev441
Has anyone got any recent experience of using the upgrade voucher on routes flown with the mid haul a321? Was thinking of using my upgrade voucher on LHR-TLV on a flight that uses the 2 class a321 - has anyone got away with paying the economy price for business seats seeing as there's no WT+?
I believe they changed that rule fairly recently. Now it is WT+ prices for CW on the midhaul routes, even if there is no WT+ cabin.

I could be wrong as for the first time in several years I don't have a voucher hanging around to test this on ...
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by email2markt

In the Lloyds T&C it says:
  1. Upgrade vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
I'm assuming this means you won't be able to cancel your booking and have the voucher returned but i'm not 100%. Otherwise an option could be to cancel your journey and re-book it in CW.
I called BA (not Avios.com) about two weeks ago and made a change to my daughter's upgrade voucher booking. This was a change of departure airport, not flying class, for the return leg of an open jaw. I paid the normal change fee, no additional fees and no additional Avios. I'd count myself very lucky if I did this again! I'm on the lookout for F availability on her return leg too, if this does become available then I'm assuming I'll be paying a W -> F Avios difference, not J -> F... but who knows, might get lucky a second time.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
I believe they changed that rule fairly recently. Now it is WT+ prices for CW on the midhaul routes, even if there is no WT+ cabin.

I could be wrong as for the first time in several years I don't have a voucher hanging around to test this on ...
Will phone and ask later... will report back!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Calchas

Correct you will pay WT+ prices for a CW redemption using the voucher even though on some flights they don't operate that cabin!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.