Search

New IAD BA lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Thank you very much, Tom
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Exec [Silver], BA Amex Premium
Hello, sorry, but I'm a bit of a novice in a lot of terms here. I'm a silver member and I'm flying First to Washington in November, is there a way to tell if this will be New First or the old style? Sorry for the daft question but very excited about trying it! Cheers
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There is no longer old First.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:08 pm

ah, okay thanks, i thought some still had old cabins and in flight screens etc.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Of course some F cabins will be better than others ( ie slightly more private seats with updated IFE). If you could tell us what flight/aircraft type you are scheduled on we can advise on the quality of IFE .

However F should be a very good experience regardless. Enjoy your flight.

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Of course some F cabins will be better than others ( ie slightly more private seats with updated IFE). If you could tell us what flight/aircraft type you are scheduled on we can advise on the quality of IFE .

However F should be a very good experience regardless. Enjoy your flight.

Regards

TBS

Many thanks, I've been Club a few times so very excited by this. We're going out on BA0293 departing 17:10 on a friday. I'll be honest, I agree, it'll be awesome whatever!
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by scottishscrooge
ah, okay thanks, i thought some still had old cabins and in flight screens etc.
BA216 at 1935 is currently operated by the Hi-J 744 which has the updated IFE system and revised seat covers.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by worldtrav
BA216 at 1935 is currently operated by the Hi-J 744 which has the updated IFE system and revised seat covers.
The First cabin wasn't refreshed when the rest of the cabins were refreshed on the Hi-J fleet. Just updated IFE.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
I have used this lounge countless times before flights to LHR but I have an upcoming flight on AA from IAD-LAX that departs around 18:00 and was courious if they allow eligible AA passengers (I am BAEC Gold) to use the lounge during this time. I know other US based lounges can be quite restrictive to BA only passengers during the evening rush but didn't know if Dulles follows these restrictions.
To answer my own question, I had no problem using the lounge before my AA IAD-LAX flight on a busy Friday evening. The lounge agent hesitated at first since it was't an international itinerary, but once she realized we were both Gold, she let us through. It was quite busy, but we were able to find a 2 top table in the bar area to hang out before our flight.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Can anyone say what the Club World dining selection has been in the IAD BA lounge lately, and whether it is better than the onboard dining IAD-LHR these days?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Artpen100
Can anyone say what the Club World dining selection has been in the IAD BA lounge lately, and whether it is better than the onboard dining IAD-LHR these days?
I Fly the route a couple of times a year. I've found the IAD BA lounge pre-flight dinting to consistently be disappointingly poor for a long time now, in every respect. Both food and beverage are not good, in my opinion.
On board is better, or there are a couple of places in the terminal that can provide a proper dinner.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Artpen100
I did it a few months ago and it was perfectly fine for me. The selection was decent and everything tasted fresh. I have a trip report that has some pictures. I didn't eat on board but the crew served dinner exceptionally fast (tray service in a darkened cabin) so eating onboard might not deduct too much from your sleeping time.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:49 pm

IME it’s fine - seems to be basically the same offering as the JFK dining but far nicer room and moderately better executed. They have wine-in-a-bag machines which have caused predictable outrage on here but it’s all perfectly drinkable.

For me it’s entirely moot whether it’s better than the food on board. I’m rarely flying to/from IAD for leisure so if I want to maximise my sleep on board then an edible meal in the lounge is ten times better than any meal on board, however delicious that may be!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.