FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   TP oddity, Fuertaventura vs Tenerife (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1616915-tp-oddity-fuertaventura-vs-tenerife.html)

snuffi Sep 30, 2014 3:35 pm

TP oddity, Fuertaventura vs Tenerife

Hi there

An oddity I have found.

FUE = 3934 avios = 10TP
TFS = 3644 avios = 20TP
FNC (madeira) = 3050 =10TP

Fuerteventura is actually further than Tenerife, at least in avios terms. Flight times add up too.

Funnily enough I just booked a BA holiday package there, and we're each getting 30TPs per MMB, which I cannot fathom at all.

Any ideas?

S

KARFA Sep 30, 2014 3:45 pm

I think the calculator has not been fully updated with these new LGW routes yet. There is no reason to believe these would not be short haul + routes and therefore get short haul + TPs when they start. If they didn't it would be a very big surprise, and they would be the only exLON flights over 1000 miles not to get short haul + TPs.

I believe paul4040 has promised to eat his hat if you don't get the short haul + TPs!
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-s15-3.html#41

MrSimonR Oct 1, 2014 2:50 am

By that reckoning, LCA should get (shorthaul+)*2

KARFA Oct 1, 2014 2:55 am

Originally Posted by MrSimonR (Post 23608056)
By that reckoning, LCA should get (shorthaul+)*2

Well it gets shorthaul+ TPs. There is no shorthaul+ x2 category though so I think you are trying to make up your own rule there.

paul4040 Oct 1, 2014 2:56 am

TP oddity, Fuertaventura vs Tenerife

FUE is another "newer" destination, I think the site is pretty buggy to be honest with the new locations when using the TP calculator. Again, if you don't get the TPs after flying I'd ring up and claim that way. I'm sure you'll get them...

I only have one hat so I'm pretty sure. ;)

KARFA Oct 1, 2014 2:59 am

Originally Posted by paul4040 (Post 23608071)
I only have one hat so I'm pretty sure. ;)

I am really hoping your hat is like this just for the comedy value to see you eat it :)

http://www.eatmedaily.com/wordpress/...cream-cone.jpg

snuffi Oct 1, 2014 4:40 am

And does anyone know why MMB shows as 30TPs? Ie 15 each way?
I would have expected 40 for shauthaul +, and if not 40, 20 based on what the calculator says. But not right in the middle!
The only difference is that this is a flight + hotel booking, but I have never before seen additional TPs for a non-flight element of a package.
Rgds
S

MPH1980 Oct 1, 2014 4:44 am

Check the booking rate code ... it's possible one of the legs is in full fare economy. That would double the TPs on that leg.

nux Oct 1, 2014 4:49 am

Originally Posted by snuffi (Post 23608313)
And does anyone know why MMB shows as 30TPs? Ie 15 each way?
I would have expected 40 for shauthaul +, and if not 40, 20 based on what the calculator says. But not right in the middle!
The only difference is that this is a flight + hotel booking, but I have never before seen additional TPs for a non-flight element of a package.
Rgds
S

What fare codes are your flights booked in? Click on 'More Information' under each segment. My guess is one is booked in discount economy and the other standard economy (Y, B, H).

snuffi Oct 1, 2014 7:10 am

Hi, you're quite right, the outbound is in "S", the inbound is "B". No idea why this would be, I am sure I had discount economy selected, but perhaps holiday bookings work differently. The price was what I had expected to pay for a week in the sun at half term.
Potentially good news from my perspective though, as when the systems sort themselves out I'd expect to get 20+40 for what is a shorthaul + length of flight.
Any thoughts on whether the "passenger info" section of MMB will automatically sort itself and modify to 60 once other parts of the website are sorted out, or whether this will end up having to be a claim? This is still 8 months away, so there's time for the web guys to get it right!
Rgds
Snuffi

corporate-wage-slave Oct 1, 2014 7:28 am

Originally Posted by snuffi (Post 23608798)
Any thoughts on whether the "passenger info" section of MMB will automatically sort itself and modify to 60 once other parts of the website are sorted out, or whether this will end up having to be a claim?

My experience is that may never get updated, and it has no impact on what you actually get. The S and B on the other hand will be important, so you possibly won't see very much more until 3 days after your flight. I agree that in your position you will be looking at 20+40, though I don't wear hats very often. If you are unlucky the buckets may change to G + G, that would be more normal for BA Holidays.

HighlandPark Oct 1, 2014 3:50 pm

The new Corfu route is also showing 10TPs on the calculator and in MMB, even though it must be far enough from London to justify 20TPs (Helsinki is nearer and gets 20TPs).

TCX69 Oct 1, 2014 4:27 pm

What is the address for the TP calculator? Following the links on ba.com I still get an error page. Been the same for weeks!

KARFA Oct 1, 2014 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by TCX69 (Post 23611962)
What is the address for the TP calculator? Following the links on ba.com I still get an error page. Been the same for weeks!

are you actually signed in to your BAEC account though? It doesn't work any longer unless you are signed in.

lorcancoyle Oct 1, 2014 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 23611990)
are you actually signed in to your BAEC account though? It doesn't work any longer unless you are signed in.

I think we need a sticky with that message now!