TP oddity, Fuertaventura vs Tenerife

Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by HighlandPark
The new Corfu route is also showing 10TPs on the calculator and in MMB, even though it must be far enough from London to justify 20TPs (Helsinki is nearer and gets 20TPs).
Now showing 20TPs each way for a discount economy fare, so that's good news.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Well, that's saved me a hat, and probably some surgery.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by paul4040
Well, that's saved me a hat, and probably some surgery.
I always knew you were right, but I wouldn't be honest if I didn't confess that part of me wanted you to be wrong just to see you eat the hat
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
My experience is that may never get updated, and it has no impact on what you actually get. The S and B on the other hand will be important, so you possibly won't see very much more until 3 days after your flight. I agree that in your position you will be looking at 20+40, though I don't wear hats very often. If you are unlucky the buckets may change to G + G, that would be more normal for BA Holidays.
Looks like the calculator has been updated, and with it my MMB.

They are still showing as fare classes "S" & "B",but the TPs have now updated in MMB to 60. In terms of the buckets changing, what would dictate this? The reason I ask is that the additional 20 TPs in this case actually makes a difference for various children hitting bronze, which in turn makes a difference for collecting quite a lot more Avios later in the year on previously-booked LH flights.

This is a half-term booking, so could it be that at the point of booking the tickets all the deep-discount economy seats were gone, and so it booked me into the next cheapest, which on one of the legs was a flexible ticket. It would certainly explain the eye-watering price!!

Last edited by snuffi; Feb 17, 2015 at 2:56 am
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, that didn't happen by accident. There was a bit more to the background of this here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-less-tps.html
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

B is a high economy fare so attracts the full fare economy TP's along with Y and H. All laid out on ba.com
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Yes, that didn't happen by accident. There was a bit more to the background of this here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-less-tps.html
Thanks for the link, excellent that FT can make a difference. My other question was what could cause S and B to revert to G and G further down the line. I've taken screen prints of MMB, including the flight details boxes, in case there is any late change, but from what I've been reading, holiday bookings seem to go in any old class, including X sometimes, and it's a bit of a lottery what you get credited vs what was in MMB. At this stage I'd be disappointed to get 40 instead of 60, but I don't want to go and book an extra economy flight somewhere with the kids as securing-bronze-backup vs a computer glitch!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
B is a high economy fare so attracts the full fare economy TP's along with Y and H. All laid out on ba.com
Yes, I understand that, I am worried however by c-w-s' post that indicated surprise that BA holidays had booked into this bucket, rather than G, as well as his assertation that it could change to a different, lower-earning class.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
For reference, BA/AY short haul + TPs are:

Economy (Discounted) - 20 TP per leg
K M L V S N Q O G

Economy (Full fare) - 40 TP per leg
Y B H

Business -80 TP per leg
J C D R I

So your booking of S one way and B the other gives 20+40= 60 TPs as now showing on MMB. If it were G + G you would get 40 TPs in total instead.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:36 am
Original Poster

If you are unlucky the buckets may change to G + G, that would be more normal for BA Holidays.
This bit!!!!

What (other than bad luck!) could cause it to change, as each child getting 20TPs fewer actually makes a difference in this instance!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.