what am I looking for in "checkmytrip"

Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:03 am
Original Poster

what am I looking for in "checkmytrip"

I had a nice simple club world return flight booked for earlier this year which we had to cancel due to a minor health emergency at the last minute meaning I couldn't fly. All sorted now so I rebooked but it got more complicated due to availability so the booking is now.

4 x one way LON - BOS (+ internal flight the following day) (22/10/14)
4 x one way MIA - LON via Washington.

When I logged into my executive club account last month the MIA - IAD was cancelled and I had to confirm the replacement flight was acceptable (it was 6 mins different for heavens sake why did I even need to know !), anyway... I couldn't do it online so called and sorted it but it took ages and many calls to get new tickets through from BA or so I thought until I checked checkmytrip.

Under e-ticket numbers we are all listed but not the MIA - IAD part still,

"Document 125-nnnnnnnnnn: Washington - London JaneD9388"

but underneath in "your flight selection" it still says two flights MIA - IAD (with seat numers), and IAD - LON

Do I need to keep chasing, it feels like I should but I've never used this website before so not sure what I should see. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Ghost sectors in checkmytrip are quite common and not in themselves worth worrying about, particularly if there have been various changes to tickets / flights. You have been ticketed and that's the main thing.

I would leave it a week or two, and it may get cleaned out without you worrying. If AA and BA.com are also showing the correct flights then again you should not need to worry. You do need to check AA.com however, and add in your Known Traveler ID if you have one, in order to get TSA PreCheck. If the ghost flight persists and it is earlier than the correct flight then at some point you could ring to check, maybe a week before departure. If it is the same flight but with extra entries, forget about it, the gate agent will clear it down in MIA.

Maybe a case of you seeing too much information!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

I don't think it is a ghost, the AA flight details in checkmytrip are the new ones and right, just the flight e-ticket number says that it is only IAD-LHR when it should me MIA-LHR (via IAD). I found my ticket on AA.com (eventually) and am not trying to add in the secure flight information (aa.com is sooooo slow !) so I think I am OK. Many thanks for the help. jane

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.