Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Starpoints to Avios - 10% Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:30 am

The link in BAEC for 20+5K contains "PartnerCode=BRITISH"

Code:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/account/starpoints/transfer/airline/detail.html?IndustryType=AIRLINE&PartnerCode=BRITISH
I wonder if there is a different link/PartnerCode= for +10% ? Can you post from your email?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Already deleted I'm afraid... And Yahoo empties my Trash folder once a day!
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by avagyan
The link in BAEC for 20+5K contains "PartnerCode=BRITISH"

Code:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/account/starpoints/transfer/airline/detail.html?IndustryType=AIRLINE&PartnerCode=BRITISH
I wonder if there is a different link/PartnerCode= for +10% ? Can you post from your email?
You won't find it on spg - as I said in my first posting, this is a BA offer on top of the 20K+5K normal spg.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by morges1
You won't find it on spg - as I said in my first posting, this is a BA offer on top of the 20K+5K normal spg.
Thanks for clarifying that again.

For some reason, the screen where I have to review (and finalize after putting BAEC#) didn't load and instead showed "my recent activity" screen. So it might be broken. Meanwhile I've decided against the transfer, and will wait/hope till the MR transfer bonus
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
The link is a BA address which forwards to:

Code:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/account/starpoints/transfer/airline/detail.html?IndustryType=AIRLINE&PartnerCode=BRITISH&DM1_mktgCat=Email&DM1_MktgSubCat=2&DM1_campaign=1000000xxxxxx000cmn8pm7p&DM1_Chksm=111xxxxxx&DM1_SRC=&utm_source=eD&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Email&utm_term=1000xxxxxxxp&utm_content=1000000xxxxxx
I've obfuscated some of it in case it is personalised, but I suspect its just tracking data. The PartnerCode is still BRITISH.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by morges1
The SPG 25% bonus on 20K is always there! If you change those 40k SPG in two 20K lots before 30 Sept you will get 55,000 avios credited to BA.
no. i mean 25% on the 20K and 25% bonus on the 20K.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
I have tried a dummy transfer of 20K SPG points on every linked portal I could find here and on the web ( thepointsgy.com, etc.). In every case it says nothing about an extra 10% and the total Avios to be credited on BAEC shows 25K. However the website says the offer is "open to everyone" with a BAEC account. Is it possible that the bonus 2500 miles show up later as a separate deposit into my BAEC Avios?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: M&M, BAEC, SPG
This promotion just doesn't look too exciting. When redeeming avios you have several cash and points options that allow to cheaply acquire avios while spg points are very valuable because convertible in a lot of things. 10% bonus is just too small.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by coccobill352
This promotion just doesn't look too exciting. When redeeming avios you have several cash and points options that allow to cheaply acquire avios while spg points are very valuable because convertible in a lot of things. 10% bonus is just too small.
that is my assessment also. unless the transfer takes you to a needed threshold.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by coccobill352
Originally Posted by mkjr
that is my assessment also. unless the transfer takes you to a needed threshold.
+1. Even with the 25% + 10% bonus, my SPG points are staying where they are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.