carseat in regional biz class

Old Sep 21, 2014, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Yes.
carseat in regional biz class

Wife and I are booked in business class BCN-LHR with a lap infant. I know the armrests between the seats are movable. Would they let us move them and buckle our lap infant in his carseat between us for the flight?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
It's not that easy. The old seats are offset when they adjust for business class so you can't randomly shift one seat. The left side gets compressed whilst the right side expands so the whole aisle is offset.

Not sure how it works for the new seats...
Old Sep 21, 2014, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
It depends which type of seat you get - the convertible seats are rapidly disappearing from the A320 fleet (and soon the rest of the shorthaul Airbus fleet). You wouldn't be able to convert the seats back anyway, even if you do get convertible seating, as the configuration affects the whole row/cabin.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The new seats have arm rests that just lift up (behind row 1) and a tray table that unclips (somehow).

You cannot guarantee on having a particular configuration though.

In any case, adjusting the converter seats is really not easy unless you know how—often the cabin crew do not.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Don't you have to purchase a seat for the child to be able to use a car seat?

Car seats

If you decide to purchase a separate seat for your infant for a child fare, or you're travelling with a child who is less than three years old, you may prefer to use your own forward facing car seat.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/...g-ready-to-fly

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.