Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 1:33 pm

Thanks for the responses. I've switched us from 63AB to 63JK, purely for the fact, after looking through some Google images, the crew seat does appear to give some slight extra privacy - I.e. blocking the view from 62K. Tiny detail and my partner wouldn't have a clue or even care, but may as well get the best possible whilst it's all available!
Old May 21, 2019, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
oooh ... the crew seat doesn't afford any privacy! What it does do is mean you're a foot or two behind 63A/B, so you can see 63B! In 63B you see virtually nobody, as 63J is a bit 'behind you".

Micro-managing the 747 UD courtesy of T8191!

mikeyfly and JamieG like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 3:53 pm

It’s almost 30days to our outbound flight and we currently have 2 seats reserved in CW on the lower deck on the LHR - MIA route. The upper deck hasn’t yet been released - does anyone know if the upper deck section will be released 7 days prior to the flight, sooner or later? We’re Bronze members I like to book early and am content to pay but would prefer to be on the upper deck but it just hasn’t been released yet?
Old May 27, 2019, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Kat222
It’s almost 30days to our outbound flight and we currently have 2 seats reserved in CW on the lower deck on the LHR - MIA route. The upper deck hasn’t yet been released - does anyone know if the upper deck section will be released 7 days prior to the flight, sooner or later? We’re Bronze members I like to book early and am content to pay but would prefer to be on the upper deck but it just hasn’t been released yet?
I'm assuming that this refers to a 744?

If so, there's no date at which the UD is released, as such. If you're entitled to have an UD seat for free, you can book it at any time. In that sense, the UD is released as soon as booking opens.

However, if you have to pay to pre-allocate, there is only a limited number of UD seats that you can have. When they're gone, they're gone.

As a Bronze, once you get to the 7-day point you will be able to pre-allocate for free. Any UD seats that are still available for pre-allocation should become available to you at that time. This will not include the bassinet position (64A) or 60B if it is blocked for crew use on your flight.

You can use EF to see how many UD seats on your flight have actually been occupied. If you're prepared to say which date and flight, then there are plenty of people here who can take a look for you.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Which block of 4 seats are best for a family of 4 on the UD (outbound day flight inbound overnight)? All seats are available other than bassinet in 64A. Kids are old enough not to need a block of 4 on the LD.
thanks
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JERmlb
Which block of 4 seats are best for a family of 4 on the UD (outbound day flight inbound overnight)? All seats are available other than bassinet in 64A. Kids are old enough not to need a block of 4 on the LD.
thanks
I don't think it hugely matters at that point. I wouldn't go a row across the fuselage, because there isn't the visibility, but there is line of sight if you have a block on one side of the aisle. You may as well have one of the window seats with aisle access, plus 63A would have direct access too for children and most adults, so does the K seat to a lesser extent. If the children will need a bit of supervision during the flight then there is perhaps a case for going as forward as possible so that the cabin crew - who are based at the rear of the cabin - aren't disrupted. Perhaps 62A/B and 63A/B? That gives you the door area to yourselves.
HMPS and JERmlb like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:15 pm

BA 747 Business Class seating for couples

Dear FT'ers,

I will be flying LHR-SAN in a few months and noticed that BA charges for seat assignment in business class. There is no charge if you pick your seats 24 hours before departure.
Which seats does the FT community recommend for the 744 plane in business class? I will be flying with my wife. Thank you all for your cooperation and this website has been
of immense help!
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:49 pm

If I were you:

Me: 63A

My Wife: 19A
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by APUBleed
If I were you:

I assume you're on the same flight?
JAXBA and Vasco Pridat like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
On the 747 I would always go upstairs even you sit facing each other as it is the nicer cabin.. Well bespoke.
If you can't get it. Im sure you can grab the honeymoon middle seats downstairs..
Some people don't like cuz you are in the middle.. But we think it's really cozy like ur own little cabin. And you can watch the same movie simultaneously.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You will find quite a lot of advice in the Club World seating guide in the forum dashboard.

No one likes paying for seats, but I think you can regard the Upper Deck as being something special, it has 2 cabin crew for just 20 passengers, so the service quality is a step up from other Club World options, with the exception of perhaps the A318 service between JFK and LCY. So you do get something for the money.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Magic01273
I assume you're on the same flight?
though perhaps not on the same page...
IntVic likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Rows 62 and 64 upstairs are considered by many to be preferable as the window seats still have aisle access without stepping over someone's legs.

They are also therefore harder to bag as regular higher status pax often nab them at time of booking.

But truthfully all the seats up there are nice. Window seats also get side bins so it's one of the roomier BA J window seats (upper deck on A380 same deal).

Plus if you're in full geek out mode and want to go and ask for a flight deck visit before / after the flight, that's where the guys and girls at 'the pointy end' are located.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by APUBleed
If I were you:

Excellent. I don't know why it's automatically assumed couples want to sit together. My wife and I prefer 62A/62K. We each get our favourite seat with the benefit of privacy, and if we need to make contact during the flight we're only a few steps apart.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, United MP member, Marriott Reward Silver member, IHG, KimptonKarma
If you are flying LHR-SAN by 747 in the winter schedule after end of Oct, it is a mid J 747 with 56J seats and you will be departing from T3. On our November flight, I paid for seats 14J/K when the flight was originally a high J with 86 J seats. My husband had the aisle and I had a window seat where I have access to the aisle without stepping over another footstool. When the plane type was changed from high J to mid J, I rebooked in 20J/K. I have no status so no upper deck seats were available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.