Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TTmex
Only Sapphire and Emerald get free seat selection at booking. Ruby get it 7 days before. Everyone else is pay or wait until 24 hours before at OLCI
For completeness, "pay" includes making a booking in the correct booking class for included free seat pre-allocation.
TTmex likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:21 am

Question 744 Upper Deck Seat Selection LHR to JFK 63 AB or JK

Trip booked through Miles on American Airlines with no status on either BA or AA. The only Upper Decks available for purchase right now for September travel is Row 63 A & B or 63 J & K. Traveling back to the states on a daytime flight departing at 1:10 from LHR to JFK. Looking for pros and cons for which side of A/B or J/K is best for Daytime into Nighttime travel? Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Hubby and I are on BA275 on 8th September. Prefer the upper deck and my chosen seats would be 64J and K however they are taken. I've selected 60A and B on the basis that hubby (who prefers to face forward) won't then have anyone climbing over his legs. 64B is available - is it likely that 64A is taken or may it be blocked - not sure if it's a bassinet seat that may open up nearer departure?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I love the upper deck..
I don't think the side matters.. One isle. So both the same.

64a is the best seat.. The most space. But as u imagined bassinet Not sure when you will be able to choose. 24h? So it def. Is a risk.
64 k and j is always my choice
scottish minnie likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
I love the upper deck..
I don't think the side matters.. One isle. So both the same.

64a is the best seat.. The most space. But as u imagined bassinet Not sure when you will be able to choose. 24h? So it def. Is a risk.
64 k and j is always my choice
Thanks - I'll stick with 60 A and B (we have 64J/K on the return ) and watch for T-72 onwards in the hope that 64A opens up and 64B is still available. I've been in 64A on a couple of Den flights and don't remember the bassinette however I may simply not have noticed it.
Old May 7, 2019, 2:02 am

4 of us flying in CW on the 777 3 class to LAS and its my sons(21 yr olds) first ever trip in Business. I dont think i have ever been on this set up before as its normally LHR we fly through. We are currently booked in 1 DEFG which on the seat map looks as though its slightly in front of all the other rows (no 1A or K seats) but im also considering 4 DEFG.

I chose row 1 with it being their first ever trip and thought it might be a bit more special as the only 4 passengers in 1 but the galley/toilet question is making me rethink.

Plus.....i love being off first or as early as possible at the other side and im guessing the exit will be from behind rather than the very front door (though i know thats probably a coin toss)

Anyway, any particular views on 1 v 4 ?
Old May 15, 2019, 4:33 pm

SEA-LHR in a few weeks... first time on the 747-400. Here's what's open (in white).

Based on my readings, the best UD seats are booked. Any advice on either grabbing 20K or 22K, or are the few remaining UD seats preferable? Thanks.
Old May 15, 2019, 4:43 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by dave_261
SEA-LHR in a few weeks... first time on the 747-400. Here's what's open (in white).

Based on my readings, the best UD seats are booked. Any advice on either grabbing 20K or 22K, or are the few remaining UD seats preferable? Thanks.
Assuming your travelling solo I'd grab 60A asap but keep a very regular eye on the seat map between now and your flight date.

At OLCI, check in as normal but do not print your BP until as late as possible as this allows you to change your seat. If there is any movement in the cabin which is very common then you could grab 62 A/K or 64K (my personal favourite) which are considered the plum seats.

14K is also not a bad seat but no side bin like the upper deck but you'd be off pretty sharp from there although not a massive amount of difference really.

The upper deck is the place to be!
Old May 15, 2019, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by dave_261

I would go for 14K!

rb211.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: BA
Which seat on upper deck 747

Hey All,
Doing my first trip on a 747 and first time in CW later this year, SEA-LHR
I'm currently booked in window seat 61A but have noticed that an aisle exit row seat of 63J has become available.
If you had the choice which seat would you go for?
Travelling alone, the flight is an evening flight departs seattle 19.20 so the aim would be to get as much sleep as possible.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:07 am

Window for me every time. I really dislike UD aisle seats - they can be very bouncy when heavy footed pax pass by.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi.

I would stick with 61 a for privacy.

With row 63 you will have pax and crew using aisle. It is generally not bad on the night flights but 61 a is still better IMHO unless you really like aisle access or have problems getting out of the window seat ie over the footstool of 62b

Regards

Tbs
Old May 21, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
If you're aiming for sleep, I would totally stay where you are in 61A. The aisle seats will have much more foot traffic - the only benefit will be easy access to the aisle. The only downside of your seat will be that you will need to step over 62B to get in and out of your seat. Plus you will have access to some quite spacious storage bins next to your seat.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: BA
Thanks all, I will stay put. Hopefully no-one books 62B and it stays empty
Old May 21, 2019, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Remember to keep an eye on 64A in the last few days / hours - a cracking seat when it gets released

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.