Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by PxC
The general consensus from what I’ve read over some time on this forum seemed to be that 64k is the best CW seat on a 747, then it’s said in here it’s the worst because of the toilet door? I know it’s each to their own, but I wonder if I should just swap to 62k for aisle access and centre of the cabin?
Both good seats, as you say, it’s very much YMMV. I’ve never had a problem with 64K due to the toilet, since although it’s next to the toilet, the seat is “around the corner” from the door. Perhaps if you were very noise-sensitive, you may be bothered by the sound of the facilities being used, but it’s never affected me and 744s aren’t the quietest aircraft anyway...

62K is a good seat, tends to be a bit cooler due to the proximity to the emergency exit, and perhaps a little less private than 64K, but that’s marginal.

FWIW, my favourite has always been 64A, though it’s become more of a hassle to obtain since it was returned to bassinet status, and some people don’t like it because of possible light from toilet/galley on night flights. Those don’t bother me, so the combination of privacy and space it offers are a winner. Shame there’s only one 64A per aircraft...
corporate-wage-slave and LBP2 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by PxC
The general consensus from what I’ve read over some time on this forum seemed to be that 64k is the best CW seat on a 747, then it’s said in here it’s the worst because of the toilet door?
I think that 64B, and possibly 64J are the ones particularly affected by the toilet door (and 64A possibly gets light too). IME 64K doesn't suffer from a problem from the door.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I think that 64B, and possibly 64J are the ones particularly affected by the toilet door (and 64A possibly gets light too). IME 64K doesn't suffer from a problem from the door.
oh no! Guess who has currently got 64B and J booked as a pair for an overnight from CPT. Was hoping to grab 64A at T-24. 🤞 but I’m still thinking that the UD is better than anywhere on what looks like a reasonably busy LD.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:15 am

If anyone is bored. Have I made the best choices on these flights given the available seats ? One of the pax is a child, so that one cannot sit in an exit row, and is best to sit directly beside one of the parents. The first flight in the pictures is a day flight, the rest are overnight.

Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
If anyone is bored. Have I made the best choices on these flights given the available seats ? One of the pax is a child, so that one cannot sit in an exit row, and is best to sit directly beside one of the parents.
The key thing to remember is that the window seats (except 62 and 64) have to climb over the aisle passenger in the row behind, not the adjacent seat. Thus 63K and 64J and K means that no-one else is interrupted by you, whereas 62A and 63A and B would mean that one of you (the one in 63A) would have to climb over the legs of 64B.

On that basis your best seats (I think) would be
  • 61A and 62A and B or
  • 61K and 62J and K or
  • 63K and 64J and K
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Seat maps 1 and 4 are the best with the child in 63A/K.
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:24 pm

I have no experience of this, but could it not be better to have the child in say 63A and adults in 63B and 64B, therefore having access by one from the footstool area and another through the divider?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by JamieG
I have no experience of this, but could it not be better to have the child in say 63A and adults in 63B and 64B, therefore having access by one from the footstool area and another through the divider?
I had assumed that one criterion was that they wanted two window seats and one aisle. If two aisle and one window seat are OK then the best choices grow to include
  • 60A and B and 61B
  • 60K and J and 61J
  • 63A and B and 64B (as you say)
  • 63K and J and 64J
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I assumed the wanted two emergency exit seats for the adults and a window for the child, also nobody stepping over and over the seats?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:10 pm

I suppose it comes down to how old the child is and whether they feel that would prefer easier access to assist/contain, in which case the two aisle/one window combo works well - double teaming!
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
The seat map doesn’t really show it, but there is a fair gap between rows 62 and 63 due to the emergency exits, and a mini-bulkhead in front of 63J for the crew jump seat just in front. The combinations of rows 62/63 will mean you are more separated than with the other combinations.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:36 pm

Thanks for all of the feedback, folks. I'm looking for the best combination of privacy and access, while retaining two window seats (one for parent and one for child).

I think I've got some good choices down now thanks to everyone's input. It's still quite a ways out, but very much looking forward to our journey with all 4 legs on the 747 UD
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
what is the best seat on the lower deck of 74S - All good seats on upper deck are taken except 60B/J. currently blocked 60J

I'm now looking at lower deck (Rows 12 - 22) - Preference to a window seat with Direct access. Are seats 14/20/22 A&K are good ones.

Some are over the wing, how is the engine noise compared to upper deck.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Whizkid
what is the best seat on the lower deck of 74S - All good seats on upper deck are taken except 60B/J. currently blocked 60J

I'm now looking at lower deck (Rows 12 - 22) - Preference to a window seat with Direct access. Are seats 14/20/22 A&K are good ones.

Some are over the wing, how is the engine noise compared to upper deck.
The noise is better than a 777, not least because unlike 777s you're still some way from the turbines, however it is noisier than UD and with more vibration too. But of those 14A and 14K are the best ones, I would go for 14K since 14A is a bit too near the WC, though it is curtained off. 20A and 20K have a huge amount of space around them, being by the door, so not as hemmed in as 14A and K. The wing takes out most of the view in 20 and 22. 60B can be a crew seat on longer sectors but since it's not on the way to anywhere - at least for passengers and cabin crew - it's a reasonably private seat for an aisle.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:45 am

I'm under 72 to departure and notice the bassinets are still marked as blocked, also blocked for the flight the previous day (e.g. under 48 hours). Would i basically need to wait until t-24 or are the agents able to move me into one if I call up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.