Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver
For a single traveller, my preference would be for a window seat, but I would take any upper deck seat over a main deck seat.
Upper deck is very spacious, and does not feel enclosed at all.
If you don't have status, you may have to pay (depends on your ticket type), and personally I would not pay but take a chance if travelling alone. Depends how important it is to you of course.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:35 pm

This is what is available on the main deck, lots of availability, I’d have to pay to select, or wait until check in
(Sorry pictures in wrong order!)

Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Looking for suggestions please.
BKK-LHR, Seems way more full than my outbound where I got the coveted 5A. Still over 5 weeks until the flight.
I can choose any available seat for free, where would you sit and why?
Currently in 11K

Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stay in 11K. Window seat with easy aisle access. Best of what is available
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Stay in 11K. Window seat with easy aisle access. Best of what is available
Thanks Sawnhunter.
Wondering what is making the return so much busier than the outbound, can't imagine these are fun cabins when full!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Bluesky30
This is what is available on the main deck, lots of availability, I’d have to pay to select, or wait until check in
(Sorry pictures in wrong order!)

if you’re happy with an aisle seat, you’ve probably got a reasonable chance of getting one at OLCI without paying, though of course not guaranteed and it may be an aisle in a centre block of 4. If you want a window, those may well fill up. On the main deck, for a window seat you are probably advised to take one at the back of a cabin section, since these have direct aisle access, e.g. 14A, 20A/K.

However, if still available based on your previous post, I would take 63K over any of the main deck window seats, and any of the UD aisle seats available over the main deck aisle seats. I guess the UD will be more expensive, it’s been a long time since I had to pay for a seat reservation on BA.

I’m not a fan of BA’s aisle seats in CW, but those on the UD are more bearable since the aisle is much wider than on the main deck.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:51 pm

63k has gone now, I think I’ll check it each day and keep an eye on availability as I guess a few may go when bronze can select for free. I don’t mind an aisle as part of the 4, I guess the only ones I don’t want are one of the middle too so I’ll just keep checking

thanks for the info
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Oaxaca

if you’re happy with an aisle seat, you’ve probably got a reasonable chance of getting one at OLCI without paying, though of course not guaranteed and it may be an aisle in a centre block of 4. If you want a window, those may well fill up. On the main deck, for a window seat you are probably advised to take one at the back of a cabin section, since these have direct aisle access, e.g. 14A, 20A/K.

However, if still available based on your previous post, I would take 63K over any of the main deck window seats, and any of the UD aisle seats available over the main deck aisle seats. I guess the UD will be more expensive, it’s been a long time since I had to pay for a seat reservation on BA.

I’m not a fan of BA’s aisle seats in CW, but those on the UD are more bearable since the aisle is much wider than on the main deck.
I’ve just checked again and actually 63K is still available as is 63B and 64B. I’ve had a look at some photos of the upper deck and I agree it looks good so I’m tempted but what’s putting me off of 63K is the step over. I do get up a few times during the flight and I’m not very tall so am I going to really struggle to step over someone’s legs? I like the idea of the side storage though. 63B is tempting as it’s an exit seat. But then I could go for a window downstairs with direct aisle access. 14A or 20A or 20k, I presume the downstairs window seats don’t have the side storage bins?

I just cant decide! I worry I’ll miss out on something if I’m shut away by the window with the screen up?!?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:49 pm

Are there any USB slots in Club World 777-200's ?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by argonath
Are there any USB slots in Club World 777-200's ?
The answer is a definite maybe:

https://www.britishairways.com/cms/g...uick-Guide.pdf

If you know which configuration of 772, some here may be able to provide a more definitive answer.

rb211.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC

I’ve just checked again and actually 63K is still available as is 63B and 64B. I’ve had a look at some photos of the upper deck and I agree it looks good so I’m tempted but what’s putting me off of 63K is the step over. I do get up a few times during the flight and I’m not very tall so am I going to really struggle to step over someone’s legs? I like the idea of the side storage though. 63B is tempting as it’s an exit seat. But then I could go for a window downstairs with direct aisle access. 14A or 20A or 20k, I presume the downstairs window seats don’t have the side storage bins?

I just cant decide! I worry I’ll miss out on something if I’m shut away by the window with the screen up?!?
there is some space between the seat and the fuselage for seats 63A and 63K that if one is sufficiently thin enough (average body size will work) that you can escape behind you, rather than having to step over 64B/K. There are some pictures on the BA threads showing someone doing just this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen

there is some space between the seat and the fuselage for seats 63A and 63K that if one is sufficiently thin enough (average body size will work) that you can escape behind you, rather than having to step over 64B/K. There are some pictures on the BA threads showing someone doing just this.
ah ok that might work then as i’m only small. I’ll see if I can find the pictures and book that one
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC

ah ok that might work then as i’m only small. I’ll see if I can find the pictures and book that one
CW Upper deck 747 - direct aisle access seat pairs reply #16 should do the trick
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
Thanks, I’m sure I can manage that, I’ve booked 63k :-)
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:51 pm

What’s the situation with UD seats on the 747? I am blue so don’t get free selection, it allows me to pay for the seats but only a couple are available - seemingly at random. There are only four selected seats but my choices are 63 J/K and 64 B.

Expert flyer shows all seats available up front and 64 J/K. Is there some sort of limit on the seats that can be paid for on the UD? Seems like quite a random selection. Also I would have thought they would show as blocked on expert flyer.

Does anyone know when the rest of the seats will open up - I assume at check in / 24 hours?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.