Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Neither myself nor Mrs W have flown CW before, (indeed she has never flown long haul J before) and we are going to UuA to CW from PE on an upcoming flight. The plane looks to be one of G-ZZZA/B/C. The cabin is pretty much wide open at the moment (ExpertFlyer showing three blocked seats and none occupied). Does anybody have any guidance about best seats in that cabin?

Seat Map from ExpertFlyer
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Neither myself nor Mrs W have flown CW before, (indeed she has never flown long haul J before) and we are going to UuA to CW from PE on an upcoming flight. The plane looks to be one of G-ZZZA/B/C. The cabin is pretty much wide open at the moment (ExpertFlyer showing three blocked seats and none occupied). Does anybody have any guidance about best seats in that cabin?

Seat Map from ExpertFlyer
I'll go with either 13AB or 13JK depending on the direction (West or East bound) & sun exposure.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Buy sweets for the crew and tell them it's your first CW flight.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by ehud
I'll go with either 13AB or 13JK depending on the direction (West or East bound) & sun exposure.
I'm currently booked in 10 A&B on both of my next 777 flights. Seats are wide open at the moment. Can you explain what the advantage is of row 13 over row 10? I like to be able to see out of the window, if that helps.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:08 am

For a first time Upper Deck, solo traveller, is the consensus still 62AK/64AK?

64A is taken - fingers crossed it's not someone needing the bassinet but that's always a possibility!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:27 am

CW on 777

I'm flying CW with my wife daytime flight LHR to DXB and we currently have 10D and 10E. Previously we've flown 10A&B but this isn't available. We are not overly fussed about a window. The only windows available are 13A/B, 14AB, and I'm worried about being close to the cribs.

My question to those with more experience...would it be better changing to 10E and 10F so we are facing the same way? Are those seats any further apart than D/E?

Thanks guys
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Had a bit of a nightmare and forgot to reserve the seats on a flight to Mauritius, 777-3 Class. Only ever sat in A/K in a window seat but they're all gone now. My wife can *only* face forward so that will be her in G or J. Must admit never really paid attention to the middle E/F pair before so question is just how private is it with a stranger next to you?

I know it doesn't have the same electric divider as the other seats but even with it down I'm guessing I'll still be seeing someone's legs and feet throughout the flight? Don't think I can convince my wife to come into the middle on account of the motion sickness! Thanks ^

Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by yokozuma
Had a bit of a nightmare and forgot to reserve the seats on a flight to Mauritius, 777-3 Class. Only ever sat in A/K in a window seat but they're all gone now. My wife can *only* face forward so that will be her in G or J. Must admit never really paid attention to the middle E/F pair before so question is just how private is it with a stranger next to you?

I know it doesn't have the same electric divider as the other seats but even with it down I'm guessing I'll still be seeing someone's legs and feet throughout the flight? Don't think I can convince my wife to come into the middle on account of the motion sickness! Thanks ^

My wife also has motion sickness, won't travel backwards on a bus / train etc. We flew in the middle pair twice last year and she had no issues at all. She uses those wrist band things. I really wouldn't fancy sharing with a stranger, but for a couple it's spot on. Two aisle seats there facing forwards, but likely to get a fair bit of traffic. Just tell her that the middle pair was all they had left ;-)
yokozuma likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Just go for G and J. Small gap across the aisle but you can see and converse with each other.
yokozuma and SavvyTravel like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Tell her it’s all in her mind and both sit in the middle, happy holidays.
yokozuma likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Originally Posted by endoman
My wife also has motion sickness, won't travel backwards on a bus / train etc. We flew in the middle pair twice last year and she had no issues at all. She uses those wrist band things. I really wouldn't fancy sharing with a stranger, but for a couple it's spot on. Two aisle seats there facing forwards, but likely to get a fair bit of traffic. Just tell her that the middle pair was all they had left ;-)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Tell her it’s all in her mind and both sit in the middle, happy holidays.
Thanks, done a bit of both and booked the middle pair

Luckily it's a night flight, because it's dark and she can't see out the window the motion sickness isn't too bad...hopefully.
endoman likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:02 pm

Which seat to choose or not choose in CW?

I need a bit of help, I’m trying to decide if a) I want to reserve a seat and if so whether to go for a window or aisle or b) just wait until T24?

I’ve flown twice before in CW but it was quite a few years ago and both times I had an aisle seat. I quite liked it because when you don’t get to fly CW very often it’s quite nice to see what’s going on around you and when the food and drinks are on their way! You can do a bit of people watching too. But a lot of people love the window seats so I’d like to hear other people’s thoughts. I guess I feel if I go for window seat I might miss out on something if I’m shut away, That probably sounds really stupid! Upper deck is pretty much full and i think I might find it a bit enclosed up there, at the moment there is only 60B, 63B, 63K and 64B. Main deck has loads of availability

I’m flying LHR to IAD 11.30am flight 15th March

Last edited by Bluesky30; Feb 15, 2019 at 12:03 pm Reason: more info
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:08 pm

Personally, I really dislike CW aisle seats. I find them just too open. Give me a window and let me shut the rest of the world out and get on with reading/working/sleeping in peace.

So I'd take 63K from your choice or any downstairs window. Preferably one that allowed direct access without stepover.
tynmar likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:09 pm

Although I've not done it myself, the general consensus seems to be that UD on a 747 is the place to be in CW. Smaller, private cabin and more attentive service. 64B is a popular seat.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
63B is an exit row with a lot of space if you like aisles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.